• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Collection Display

obiwan

Oakley Enthusiast
As I am arranging the various pairs around the display case, making them fit and display correctly based on models, I wonder what it is all about?

Am I arranging this so that it is pleasing to my eyes or someone else? What drives us to do what we do with wearable objects? I see this with model builders, coin collectors, even those who collect wine.

What drives you and your collection arrangement?

Who sees your collection, is it tucked away in your office or spare room or is it front and center in the house?

Wife thinks it is a bit obsessive compulsive, I can see that from the outside looking in.

i have a seperate room for my collection and it's just for me . . .
sometimes i show friends the collection, but it's not that i push them to take a look :cool:

I have the same thing kind of a guys hangout room and the displays are always a good conversation piece!!

Ha I'm lucky enough to have a four bedroom with no kids so far so I have plenty of extra space!! But when I get kids I'm sure that will change soon!!

I have a 2nd lounge room down the back end of the house. Have it set up as me and my son's "Man Cave". Tread mill, big screen TV, X-Box 360 and of course my display for my O's.

As for how and why I set up my display in the way I do, it's basically for my own personal viewing pleasure. I have an ex shop display lowline glass cabinet, so Oakley's I collect and have no intention of wearing are displayed inside on the top shelf. O-Matter frames I wear are on the bottom shelf and my X-Metals I have on top of the cabinet for maximum viewing experience!

I don't really care too much for what other people think of my choice of items to collect (after all, collecting sunglasses does seem a little weird from an outside view) nor do I care if they like how they are displayed. It's ALL about my own wants and likes! :smile:

I havent shared with my friends about my collection - those who i have support it and have bought me an oakley shirt or keychain and even a pair of frogskins! But i don't post pictures of my collection on to Facebook for the world to see i just keep it on here where i feel the best of the best collectors can see! I have just a little shelf from Target which can be seen in this thread: http://www.oakleyforum.com/oakley-collections-area/3886-kylethesids-collection.html Its in my bedroom so I'm the only person in there but when friends come over they are bound to see it but i prefer they don't.

The way i set it up right now is just for my own needs of easy to get to. I am currently saving for an Oakley Display case (any size - preferably Black 3.0 single wide tower) I have about $300 from just selling things in the past week.

At the moment I just have a drawer crammed full of my oakley stuff, but I'm looking to get something to help display it

@kyleTheSid how often do you dust all of that? It seems like that would take some maintenance being open in the air like that

i have a seperate room for my collection and it's just for me . . .
sometimes i show friends the collection, but it's not that i push them to take a look :cool:

EXACTLY my situation and what I do, really not many have been in the office...... But I did give CrazyA the tour last night...

Back