• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Collection Now Stands At 800 Pairs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Romeo Van Frogskinstein

I should Work at Oakley
England
there are occasions along the collecting road where there is a feeling of euphoria...a new model added, a new lens, the completion of a set, an ultra rare cornerstone piece added, but few things, if any, can match the feeling of raising the bar when the first or next hundred is reached. yesterday, 20/4/12, the valentino rossi deviation became my 800th pair, so i have experienced 'the next hundred' several times over. the knowledge that almost all items including original boxes & contents are in excellent to mint condition, and that there is a good representation of models, lenses, complete sets, and rarity content is an added bonus. some noteworthy contributions are 65 of the 70 production x metals, all 6 pit boss, 100+ gen 3 frogs, most signature pieces, exclusives, and limited editions. perhaps the main asset to the collection is the 13 (known) unreleased lenses, and every sunglass lens except just four. since we look through lenses, i figure a wide spread of these is essential. i think the aim must be 1000 pairs, but there will be many barriers in the way and that target is still a long way off yet.
i take my hat off to everyone here, if you have just one pair, or many hundred, we all embrace the love of oakley, a common bond that unites all of us as the same. i have the deepest respect for all the 100+ pair collectors, i know what you have gone through to reach your current stage, the 200+ pair collectors worldwide are small in number, and if you are in that group you have an awesome stash. in my view at 300+ you are an elite collector, very, very few get there, so all my 41 oakley hats are taken off in homage to you: nike nickel (terrorism,at near 700 pairs!!), brent decker, alexis watkins, towsnbn, and anyone else, if indeed, there is anyone.
some people may say its not about numbers, its quality that counts, and i wont argue with that, but personally i prefer more numbers and more quality, so i am not going to stop adding mint important pairs to make the collection better. im now looking forward to the 5 pairs due in, which are absolute monsters!!

Congrats dude, that is an awesome feat. I think we need to see some new pics of this enormous collection!

yes, pics, yes! may not be fun for you, but well sure as hell love to see it. i can only imagine how long is gonna take

Wow much respect to you brother, I can't imagine the toll it takes on your wallet, i admire your dedication and perseverance, cause is not
Ease, take care and if you get the chance post some pics.

damn dude . . .
that's and really big collection - respect - that reminds me that i have to count my stuff :blink:

which 5 monster pairs are on the way Romeo?
do you have so many displays or do you store the stuff in a maritime containers :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back