• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Collection Now Stands At 800 Pairs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yo Romeo, how about I send you my digital camera with a Little tutorial on how to use it and you start digitally archiving your awesome collection!! But you would obviously have to post pictures here, there are too many people who would absolutely love to see your coveted super sports pro m frame! Lol

that is a very helpful and generous suggestion but think i need to buy one myself and learn how to use it, there will be instructions and i know people that could give me 'hands on' help, plus i will have permanent use if i own one. once i get the hang of it i think/hope it will become easy. i will have to find out how pictures are sent to this forum as well, i have seen several posts from people unsure about how to do it. a picture of the super sports pro m frame would blow everyone away, it is truely a pinnacle high masterpiece.

congrats on your achievement. it is always good to see a collector happy with his collection.
there should be several collectors with more then 1000 pairs. some of them are on the oreview or used to be a member there. one such person is monsterdog/factory pilot on the oreview. his collection is legendary but he rarely showed pics but when he did it was jaw dropping since most of his stuff was unreleased stuff. completely crazy collector since his collection included everything from oakley and not just sunglasses. imo his shoe and watch collection eclipsed his sunglass collection.

thankyou for your comments, i am happy in many ways with the collection but very unhappy about not having the pieces i need!! the o/review 'hall of fame' in respect of eyewear shows terrorism (nike nickel) as the man on top with 678 pairs. the entry for monsterdog/factory pilot depicts 41 watches and 9 glasses, if it is the same person maybe he sold many items. on o/r i think you have to have pictures to 'count' in the hall of fame (i have no pics so in that respect my 800 pair count for zip!), maybe any 1000+ pair members have not included their photos to allow onlookers to be aware of their collections, or over time, collections have been sold off or reduced in number.

At this point I'd just like to get to 10 pairs!!! I hate student budgets, but right now school is priority over hobbies. Congrats, what an incredible accomplishment!!

make no mistake, reaching 10 pairs is an important landmark for you, it will be double figures, in that respect in the same position as anyone with up to 99 pair. i was elated when i reached 10. most 'normal' people still find it hard to understand anyone with more than 1 pair!! good luck with your growing collection Mizztyler91.

I can't even begin to fathom having 800 of anything let alone sunglasses!

You could wear a new pair everyday for 2 years and not wear the same pair twice.

thankyou for your comments, i am happy in many ways with the collection but very unhappy about not having the pieces i need!! the o/review 'hall of fame' in respect of eyewear shows terrorism (nike nickel) as the man on top with 678 pairs. the entry for monsterdog/factory pilot depicts 41 watches and 9 glasses, if it is the same person maybe he sold many items. on o/r i think you have to have pictures to 'count' in the hall of fame (i have no pics so in that respect my 800 pair count for zip!), maybe any 1000+ pair members have not included their photos to allow onlookers to be aware of their collections, or over time, collections have been sold off or reduced in number.

that is the true mark of a real collector. i salute you for that. always try to improve.

monsterdog never entered his whole collection in his collection page. most of the individuals with monster collections end up not posting all their stuff. like you he had way too much and it would just take way to much time. he did share pictures from time to time of his collection and it was spectacular. several medusas with authentic factory made ruby and ice lenses. rare monster dogs. crosshair with diamond icons. triple wide cases filled to the brim. everyone was speachless. pretty sure he does not sell stuff.

hopefully we will see sometime a few pics . . .
you got a bit help from Andrè with that Dias & Marcelo right!
the ghost text Ichiro is sooooo cool dude!

KEEP HUNTING BRO!!!

that is the true mark of a real collector. i salute you for that. always try to improve.

monsterdog never entered his whole collection in his collection page. most of the individuals with monster collections end up not posting all their stuff. like you he had way too much and it would just take way to much time. he did share pictures from time to time of his collection and it was spectacular. several medusas with authentic factory made ruby and ice lenses. rare monster dogs. crosshair with diamond icons. triple wide cases filled to the brim. everyone was speachless. pretty sure he does not sell stuff.

I agree with TOWSNBN...most collectors will NOT enter their collections on the o-review collection page. Most of the rare stuff were one-offs, unreleased or other type of rarity so that kind of attention is unwanted. I do know of a couple of people with 1000+ collections, but none have pictures readily available. BTW, I have a set of the ice & rub factory medusa goggles too (had 2 at one point)

Yeah he used to come in and just lay down some pictures of his rare one-offs, his pin stripe Monster Dogs were a big hit at the time.

I think he was close with Jim Jannard if I remember correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back