• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Collection Update Including Before And After

Oakster

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Canada
Still some work to do but this is realistically as good as it gets for the summer as life will be too busy to get the rest done. I've taken a couple snapshots of some unique stuff and personal faves. I still have to get some posters up as that's one of the prides of my collection. I also have some work to do with lighting but that's for another day.

What's my collection all about??? I have a snapshot of Oakley from day 1 to current. I appreciate uniqueness and anything that embraces "technology wrapped in art."

Thanks!!!! to all the great members that helped me get to this point. My wife does NOT thank you!

FIRST PIC - THIS IS WHAT MY COLLECTION LOOKED LIKE SHORTLY AFTER I JOINED THE FORUM. THE CASE TO THE LEFT OF THE PIC DID NOT HAVE OAKLEY IN IT.
DSC04775_zpsdd39c669.jpg
TODAY
DSC07491_zps9f090cae.jpg
NOW SOME PICS OF MY FAVES

STPL - One of the toughest sets to complete but probably my favorite. I LOVE stuff that embraces history, sport specific, and lifestyle products.
DSC07493_zpsabf4abb5.jpg

This is just a personal fave case. In case you can't tell, I like Eyeshades!
DSC07494_zpsf64e1be3.jpg

Complete artist series.
DSC07495_zps744c2b6c.jpg

Shoe 1 and Pendleton Combo.
DSC07496_zpsd4cb319b.jpg

Pewter Funny Care (my favorite single item in my collection) with metal box below, White Text Gascan brothers, Signed Scelzi R2 and a Scelzi 1:16.
DSC07497_zpsec916656.jpg

2 signed Scotty Diecasts, Burnquist signed pack... and reverse of skateboard.
DSC07499_zps9ed6f414.jpg
DSC07500_zpsc85a9b43.jpg

I love how the progression went from what was before to what was after joining the forum. I bet the wife wishes she could go back in time and make you not discover Oakley. ;)

Wow i knew people collected Oakleys before joining here but not to this extent that is amazing awesome collection

I love how the progression went from what was before to what was after joining the forum. I bet the wife wishes she could go back in time and make you not discover Oakley. ;)

There is actually a really neat Oakley tie-in with how I re-met my wife. I had met her a few times but didn't have numbers or anything... randomly her cousin (along with her) rolled into the shop I worked at to buy Oakleys and the rest is history.

There is actually a really neat Oakley tie-in with how I re-met my wife. I had met her a few times but didn't have numbers or anything... randomly her cousin (along with her) rolled into the shop I worked at to buy Oakleys and the rest is history.
That is pretty cool then. So she can't complain that much as you almost owe your relationship to the O. :)

That is pretty cool then. So she can't complain that much as you almost owe your relationship to the O. :)

That's exactly what I tell her! She's actually totally fine with it. In her opinion it's a bit overboard, but I actually think she's pretty proud of it as well (but it's the last thing she'd ever admit to me). I wouldn't be in a position where I could put a few bucks into collecting if it wasn't for her. She's always been the most amazing woman I've ever met and that's been taken to a whole new level since the arrival of our twins.

Thanks or posting, I feel less guilty. Love the symmetry with the cases and displays. How long to accumulate?