1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. TheRevTy

TheRevTy Oakley Beginner

First let me say this: I love the almost steampunk look of the leather Mars, with the gold iridium lenses, and was really bummed to hear about the dreaded leather discoloration issues.

I am wondering if it is possible to get a similar look (albeit without the leather) using some of the other X Metals. Has anyone put any of the brown-hued lenses (VR28 Black Iridium, Bronze, Titanium Iridium, etc) into an X Metal colorway? I am especially curious how the root beer unobtanium pieces look on that frame color. Do any of you have pictures of such a thing?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. jiveSEVEN

jiveSEVEN I Should Work at Oakley...

I honestly think my Romeo 1 frame is more x metal than titanium, so here is an idea of how the color combination would look...

Last edited by a moderator: 5/26/14
  3. -=Jeff=-

-=Jeff=- Oakley Enthusiast

Juliet:
    In thess pictures: Ti Iridium wit Rootbeer on X Metal:
    Color Configuration - 2011-09-27_10-46-50_62.jpg

Color Configuration - 2011-10-07_17-34-21_518.jpg

IN these pics: VR28 Black Iridium Polarized with Rootbeer (other pair is a XX)
    Color Configuration - 2011-10-08_20-32-07_157.jpg

Color Configuration - 2011-10-08_20-31-53_875.jpg

Color Configuration - 2011-10-21_08-34-14_815.jpg

The rootbeer is hard to see for me.. i am planning on moving the Lenses and Rootbeer to a plasma Frame, then using this frame for Black Iridium and Black Socks/bombs

4. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

also its relatively easy to 'leather wrap' a mars crater.. to get that leather mars look. then when its thrash just re-wrap it!

5. TheRevTy

TheRevTy Oakley Beginner

Jive, what is the lens color in that Romeo?

Just as I suspected, this combo looks amazing, thanks for the pictures everyone.

From what I've seen, root beer unobtanium is only available on the Juliet. Sounds like I'll be doing some modding to make this look work on my X Squared. The nosebombs are compatible between the two, right?

6. jiveSEVEN

jiveSEVEN I Should Work at Oakley...

From what I am being told, gold polarized. It also has a rootbeer kit on it but it is hard to tell.

7. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

i dont think they are..

8. -=Jeff=-

-=Jeff=- Oakley Enthusiast