• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Color Configuration

TheRevTy

Oakley Beginner
First let me say this: I love the almost steampunk look of the leather Mars, with the gold iridium lenses, and was really bummed to hear about the dreaded leather discoloration issues.

I am wondering if it is possible to get a similar look (albeit without the leather) using some of the other X Metals. Has anyone put any of the brown-hued lenses (VR28 Black Iridium, Bronze, Titanium Iridium, etc) into an X Metal colorway? I am especially curious how the root beer unobtanium pieces look on that frame color. Do any of you have pictures of such a thing?

I honestly think my Romeo 1 frame is more x metal than titanium, so here is an idea of how the color combination would look...

Last edited by a moderator:
Juliet:
In thess pictures: Ti Iridium wit Rootbeer on X Metal:
2011-09-27_10-46-50_62.jpg

2011-10-07_17-34-21_518.jpg

IN these pics: VR28 Black Iridium Polarized with Rootbeer (other pair is a XX)
2011-10-08_20-32-07_157.jpg

2011-10-08_20-31-53_875.jpg

2011-10-21_08-34-14_815.jpg

The rootbeer is hard to see for me.. i am planning on moving the Lenses and Rootbeer to a plasma Frame, then using this frame for Black Iridium and Black Socks/bombs

Jive, what is the lens color in that Romeo?

Just as I suspected, this combo looks amazing, thanks for the pictures everyone.

From what I've seen, root beer unobtanium is only available on the Juliet. Sounds like I'll be doing some modding to make this look work on my X Squared. The nosebombs are compatible between the two, right?

Jive, what is the lens color in that Romeo?

Just as I suspected, this combo looks amazing, thanks for the pictures everyone.

From what I've seen, root beer unobtanium is only available on the Juliet. Sounds like I'll be doing some modding to make this look work on my X Squared. The nosebombs are compatible between the two, right?

i dont think they are..