• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

For Sale Colorado Custom Look Hydroprint Cerakote Group Buy

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Username Hidden said:
I guess I'm a little confused. If you don't think it will work on glasses, why is it on the Oakley Group Buy page? I've asked before about the pattern on a pair of Flak Jackets that aren't any different in size and you've indicated it would work.

Also, the OEM King's Camo that Oakley does isn't necessarily a small pattern where you can see multiple leaves everywhere and full details; it's a pattern that has different textures, shading, colors, etc. that while you can't tell individual details, you know it is a Woodland Camo. Each one is a bit different, which I think is cool. I've seen some King's Camo Flak's that have a 2 inch wide orange strip above the orbital where a leaf ended up, I've seen some that look very green from a larger green leaf, etc.

oo9156-24-ws2.jpg

This is a good example of the different shading and colors that come out depending on where the pattern falls on the glasses: Oakley King's Camo Flak Jacket XLJ Woodland Camo VR28 Black Iridium 2 Cases | eBay

It looks to me like the pattern on your site would be very similar in size to the Oakley King's Camo patterns actually.
well they can, but they try to make everybody happy with there choice and there professional opinion. it might look great but you might not be happy. and i think that they just want you to understand, that if you are hoping for a absolute distinct look it is not a guarantee that it will be perfect, or that you will be able to make out what the design is. if you want it they will do it as long as you know it is your choice in film. so if you do not like exactly they way it shows on the glasses you are stuck with the design.

Some people reacted to this post.
Oh sure Wilkie, you can spring me for the $210 they run even on the SI site. :) Doing it this way I'd be in for about $105 all told with frames, lenses, and custom.

Last edited:
Username Hidden said:
When you do oil rigs, do you pick a pattern for the frames and then a color for the icons?
what i personally do is i pick a pattern if i change the color underneath the film i paint the icons the same color depending on the pattern color etc. if you select a film that you like you can then select a cerakote color to do the icons or they have some paint colors as well if you are really nice they might "CUSTOM BLEND" a color for you in cerakote

hahahaha you got the money

alright it is official the deadline to get them to me is fri the 21st i have contacted ccl and they are good with this as well i will give a couple of days for them to get here i plan to have them to them by no later than the following tues.
what i need from everybody interested please pm me with your count of pairs and in return i will respond with my address i need a final count for colorado custom
i need you to look at there website figure out what you would like done
put each pair in a baggy please take out lenses and rubber off if you need to remove it please do not send the rubber or lenses
please write or print out exactly what you want the pairs cerakoted or dipped in
as well as what you want the icons done in
with prints please understand they put a earstem on there for reference please realize not all prints will be clear what they are
any questions regarding the colors, films etc.please refer first to the website and then if you have another question you can pm me or pm colorado custom look we will help you
thanks again and please pm me for the address to send them to.

Username Hidden said:
Do you all have an extra icon that could be placed on a pair of Fives? I have a pair I was thinking of getting done, but Its missing 1 icon.

@Colorado Custom Look
you know what i had one floating around ill try to find it

Username Hidden said:
I guess I'm a little confused. If you don't think it will work on glasses, why is it on the Oakley Group Buy page? I've asked before about the pattern on a pair of Flak Jackets that aren't any different in size and you've indicated it would work.

Also, the OEM King's Camo that Oakley does isn't necessarily a small pattern where you can see multiple leaves everywhere and full details; it's a pattern that has different textures, shading, colors, etc. that while you can't tell individual details, you know it is a Woodland Camo. Each one is a bit different, which I think is cool. I've seen some King's Camo Flak's that have a 2 inch wide orange strip above the orbital where a leaf ended up, I've seen some that look very green from a larger green leaf, etc.

oo9156-24-ws2.jpg

This is a good example of the different shading and colors that come out depending on where the pattern falls on the glasses: Oakley King's Camo Flak Jacket XLJ Woodland Camo VR28 Black Iridium 2 Cases | eBay

It looks to me like the pattern on your site would be very similar in size to the Oakley King's Camo patterns actually.
It will work but if you look at the Pic above and can tell me you can make out the pattern, it will work you will get the texture of the pattern and the color change. the reason it is on our group buy tab on our sight is we listen to every on last group buy as to why they can't get a pattern that is in stock we recommend smaller patterns but if you wanted to reaper WTP 486 you may get some teeth on the frame but you will never make out a skull unless you have some of Elton John's glasses. We Just recommend patterns so that your not disappointed when you get them back. look at the leaf on the micro bag and find it on the glasses.

Username Hidden said:
When you do oil rigs, do you pick a pattern for the frames and then a color for the icons?
Yes

Do you guys happen to have pictures of anything with the kryptek black reduced or know how it looks? Can't decide between that or desert digital.

Username Hidden said:
Do you guys happen to have pictures of anything with the kryptek black reduced or know how it looks? Can't decide between that or desert digital.
580772_384176138379632_1100082890_n.jpg