• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Colorado Custom Look

Because of the MC discussion

Pics
to prove someone wrong? or right!? i have read the mc tech sheets, it does not say it cannot not or should not be used on a cerakoted item. granted it would not need to be applied, however it could be applied to achieve a glossier finish.this would purely be aesthetic. but according to every tech sheet i read about the mc it does not say cannot or should not be applied to a previously cerakoted item, if anything it states that it are recommended for wheels,plastics, and various pre-coated items.

Why so negative?
I only provided links no one else posted so far.
not negative just a question, this thread was posted to show what colorado custom look has done, and then it turned into what cerakote (specifically mc-156 is not to be used for).
when in fact it can be used for these very specific things that it has been used for.the tech sheets that you posted were not just posted by accident. you were clearly posting because you felt like it was going to serve a purpose.either proving someone right or proving someone wrong. obviously people believe that this product can not be used for certain purposes and in fact it can.
i understand there seems to be some animosity against ccl and it is unfounded and unnecessary. they do very very good work, they are also certified in the process, i am quite sure they know what can and cannot be used on item that have been pre cerakoted.

Last edited:
good morning everybody, wanted to let you all know colorado custom look is still doing cerakote with a 2 week turn around. i dropped off 10 pairs yesterday and they will probably ship out to people next fri or sat pretty fast turn around.
and the color list is pretty amazing. they have been working with fades and some other stuff will have more pics soon.

good morning everybody, wanted to let you all know colorado custom look is still doing cerakote with a 2 week turn around. i dropped off 10 pairs yesterday and they will probably ship out to people next fri or sat pretty fast turn around.
and the color list is pretty amazing. they have been working with fades and some other stuff will have more pics soon.

If you talk to them maybe mention and see if they can lable the projects on the site so we can see which colors were used as this would be helpful in the future! Otherwise im excited to get mine back!

If you talk to them maybe mention and see if they can lable the projects on the site so we can see which colors were used as this would be helpful in the future! Otherwise im excited to get mine back!
asked them they will do that, it probably will be done soon.

Back