• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Colorblind - Help Me Out!

masiaka

Oakley Beginner
Which Oakley contrast enhancing lenses are rose based, and how blue/violet does each lens look? I have a form of colorblindness called moderate to severe deuteranomaly and need violet/rose lens to provide some green perception. Doing my own research has led to conflicting reports, for example that oo red iridium is both rose based and gray based. Can you guys help me?

G40 is a rose-colored base tint. Modern oo lenses (red or black) have G40 bases and are polarized. +red has a gray base, which is the main difference between +red and oo red.

I believe all the GXX lenses have the rose base tint, just different light transmission %s.

Yes, G30 is rose base too. G26 is a bit of an offshoot, with a more purple base and warnings about using it for anything other than shooting.

That's the trick, too much blue tint washes out greens. Essentially, the problem with using the G26 lens for everyday use is that they make you see greens as well as I do.

Yes, VR28 could work too, preferably in BI or BIP guises else it lets through quite a lot of light.

I'd try OO red polar, G30 and VR28 BI and see which works best for you. Sounds like you knew to avoid G26 already :)

G30 is touted as a golf lens to improve reading the greens so could be a good shout - I like it a lot too.

I just ordered a custom pair of Jupiter Squared with OO Red Iridium lenses. They seem to be at the sweet spot of light transmission for me regardless of whether the rose tint works out.

I know you were asking because of a green deficiency...do you think the red iridium would help similarly with red deficiency sight? Also does anyone know if red iridium and ruby iridium are the same or how these might affect someone with red-green color blindness?

I know you were asking because of a green deficiency...do you think the red iridium would help similarly with red deficiency sight? Also does anyone know if red iridium and ruby iridium are the same or how these might affect someone with red-green color blindness?

The OP hasn’t been on the forum since 2015. Doubt you’ll get an answer

Back