1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. ucdavis4PT0gpa

ucdavis4PT0gpa THE BEST IS YET TO COME

I just got a call from Oakley WARRANTY on a frame I sent to be tuned...they ask me (based on notes in the original order for the tune up) that I had wanted green (at the time Oakley told me they didn't have it) because I'm putting Emerald in the frame.

They tell me "looks like you wanted green...we have Blue, Red, Green...which did you want. Long story short, I will have the frames returned to me with a full set of rubber and extra set of earsocks all in emerald green for $12; they also waived the shipping charge, so tune up and all the rubber = $77.

So they DO still make them. Seems it more a fact that Customer Care isn't selling them (though I have had agents savvy enough to check the warehouse and set the order up for me)...you have to have a frame sent in and Warranty has access.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Razerwire

Razerwire And then there was X...

They were probably set aside for the Ichiro Juliet warranty? I can't see a lot of people owning the Ichiro Juliet so I guess the green sets move slowly. Does it include the temple shocks and nosebombs?

If they are whole entire sets I might want to pick up a red and blue one too.

3. canhoto

canhoto Oakley Beginner

I doubt that they still make them. They must be leftovers from the custom options. Those colours were available in the customization section until recently.

4. ucdavis4PT0gpa

Yes full set; the tune up price includes a set of 15 t shocks, small nosepieces and earsocks. I paid extra for the 25 t shock set, large nosepieces and EXTRA set of earsocks. That's what cost the extra $12.

5. Razerwire

I probably should get some blue ear socks for my Penny. :D

6. Razerwire

Just called them asking for blue earsocks and got denied. :mad:

7. Razerwire

Okay, so I called again, this time I went for the warranty department instead and got a pair of blue ear socks for free! I asked if they had the entire set with nose bombs and temple shocks but they were out of those. So a future all blue Juliet is out of the picture but at least I have the blue ear socks for my Penny! :D

8. ucdavis4PT0gpa

Depends on the agent. I called warranty and asked if they had blue rubber, they said yes and told me call customer care. I called customer care and told them warranty told me to call them that they had blue rubber. The agent I got was one of the nicer more helpful ones I've dealt with over the years (probably a veteran, he really seemed to know his way around the system as he looked for them). Ended up finding blue earsocks (couldn't find blue nosepieces or tshocks) and set up the order along with some 15 and 25 black tshocks I needed. The cherry on top? FOR FREE.

9. ucdavis4PT0gpa

LOL! we posted at the same time

10. ucdavis4PT0gpa

Watch them get flooded with calls now. I thought of asking for two sets, but I didn't want to get greedy especially after they offered to send them free. So...I'm set for my new build except I need Ice XS lenses. I have Polished Carbon frames on the way and a full set of blue rubbers...think this is going to turn out really nice on that Polished Carbon frame.

What I find odd is they send me these for free....but I send in my Juliets for tune up and they agree to put on green rubber....but charge me for the large set of nosepieces (to go with the small) and 25 t shocks (to go with the 15) and an extra set of earsocks. Go figure.