• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Conductor 6 vs. 8?

DrtyHarry

Oakley Expert
Hi fellas!

Can someone share with me the differences between the Conductor 6 and the 8? The website doesn't give me much info...looking for hinge frames that are not that big and am considering picking up a pair. Thanks!

Yeah, I tried them both on. I didn't like either of them. My Square Wires are great because I bend the bridge ever so slightly to wrap around my face/eyes, I have 5 pairs and have done that to all of them. I can very easily push them back to the way they come, but bending them a little bit fits me perfectly. They also get a better/stronger grip on the arms around my head. I really really do love the Square Wires, I am an X-Metal fan hands down...but the Square Wire 2.0 in titanium is probably my all time favorite frame. I can't even tell that I have them on. The regular non titanium SW 2.0s are almost as light. I have them in both black and silver. I've worn SW 2.0s for over a decade with formal attire. Was hoping to find a similar newer pair so I can take advantage of some of the newer lenses, because getting donor lenses cut for the SWs are really hard, even after market versions don't always fit right. I guess it's probably best to send the frame to the cutter to make sure the lenses are cut to fit.

They really are my favorite aside from my Penny and Juliets...I love them, but they can be a bit heavy. For "beater" glasses, I wear Half Jacket 2.0s (non XL) and Carbon Blades. I don't think anything else works for me, and I tried a lot. I do want to try the MARS, Half-X and R2 though. But I think the R2 lenses are to big for my taste.

Back