• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Considering X-Metals - Not Sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmm i guess your a late bloomer x metals are discontinued you can still buy em here at the forum and of coarse crap bay. If your are serious of getting one start with the juliet this in my opinion is a one size fits all.

Thanks a tonne everyone for your advice. I appreciate it sooo very much. Okay now I'm very excited as I am expecting a semi-annual bonus sometime in late june, so perhaps I may be on the lookout for a couple of x-metal pairs BUT here's my problem - Which ones? I'm very thankful for the advice everyone has given me but I've been doing some browsing and I just don't know why but I believe that the penny would also suit me, or is it just that i'm letting that pair grow on me. I'm sure the X-Squared looks good but I believe I will have to make a choice between that and the XX. Anyway, come june end, I hope I have this sorted out. Also would love to try out the pair before I bought them but sadly that isn't an option.
I paid $500 for a brand new Plasma Juliets and I traded my FCB for Xmetal penny. Believe me, the Xmetal penny is a lot smaller than the Juliet, my friend told me and I knew already, but it was okay on my face! However, when I tried on a Pitboss, the Pitboss was too big on my face, so what I'm trying to say is that if the pitboss fits on you well, the Penny will not! The Juliet is a better fit, I enjoy wearing them, but not to work, where there could be many dangers. I say either the Juliet, Romeo 1, or the XmetalXX should be the one's that you should consider, however, if you want them brand new, be prepared to pay the price because they can go anywhere between $450 - $1200. Even though $1200 is ridiculous, there are people out there that sell it at that price. Hope this helps!

Hmmm, revival of a kinda-old thread...

But it begs the question - @us_Sheikh - did you ever pull the trigger? If so, what did you get? If you've already posted them elsewhere, I missed it - please post a link here to where you did post them to connect the threads...

Hi there guys,

Rather an unfortunate incident to share but I was wearing my Hatchets a few days ago and unfortunately while taking them off I knocked off one of the arms. This caused the spring hinge to just pop out and it hasn't been fixed until now. I really love these frames, so unfortunately I guess I may have to wait on the X-Metals. Although, I also have a Magnesium Switch Ti Copper which I don't think I will keep, I have just got it like a month back but haven't been wearing it since its too hot here in Dubai. Anyway, another very unfortunate incident took place when I was on a holiday with the inlaws at the atlantis water park, I had invested in this waterproof cover for my galaxy note 3 and guess what, it wasn't waterproof, so I lost my phone. Fortunately, I had the bonus this month round to cover for the loss of the phone, so will have to push back buying the X-Metal XX - (NOT THE Ti 02) Maybe next month or so. So well, there's where I stand with regards to buying the Xmetal XX. Hopefully next month and Hopefully I'll get a good deal.

Good luck to you with your purchases, but if you have to, get a second job, so this way you can have extra spending money and buy those XXs. If not start selling junk you don't need anymore. Just easy examples of how to bring in new money. Try Craigslist for deals in your area...good luck my friend.

yep, i got two pairs if polished romeos. i would be more than happy to set you up as I had offered some other members, buy a beater r1 frame, then pm me. we can work out details in what i can do or show you how to do it.

buddy... those were made back in 2001 (Penny) and 1999 (XX). no new xmetals are going to be made - you gotta buy second-hand
ohhh don't sat that... on o review some new releases are in the works.. half mars,romeo x's i will post link shortly

If you feel that Juliets won't fit you, so does the Penny.

Kinda disagree...I like the Juliets don't get me wrong, BUT LOVE the pennies. They fit me so much better than any pair of Juliets would have. Hence the reason I have a few pair. Just saying...

Unless you have a small head, the penny is unlikely to work (as much as many of us want it to...)

Probably why they fit me better..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.