1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Darkmatter

Darkmatter Oakley Beginner

Well....many said it could not be done but I have proven otherwise. I actually started a thread on this topic and forgot to add pictures. I took a standard Radar color Carbon Fiber Stamp...and converted them into Radar XL's. The only difference which seriously is not noticeable unless I pointed it out is that the nosepiece is polished black instead of the carbon fiber stamp....still they look really nice. Anyway here is a few pictures...one with the Fire Iridium Lens and another picture with the black iridium lens. Both look great but to me the Fire Iridium lenses really stand out better on these...still the black iridium definately look stealth which is cool.
    These pictures do no justice believe me...anyone wanting to convert standard Radar's to the XL only the nosepiece has to be swapped (and of course the lens)....there are several videos on YouTube showing this now.
    Converted Oakley Radar To XL Sunglasses - 142f2081.jpg
    Converted Oakley Radar To XL Sunglasses - c96dc2f4.jpg
    Converted Oakley Radar To XL Sunglasses - e6435c96.jpg

Attached Files:

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Darkmatter

....again these pictures do these no justice they look twice as good in person. For some reason my camera has everything coming out real blurry but I really just wanted to show pictures of a completed conversion in case anyone was curious as to whether or not this was possible...I would definately recommend this color in the XL version they definately look rich. Obviously not real carbon fiber but as light and durable as they already are they do not need to be. I thought the Carbon Fiber Stamp would look tacky but I was wrong. I'm digging them and am glad to have these added to my Radar XL collection.:cool:

3. Peeza21

Peeza21 African in the United Kingdom

Wow, thats an awesome mod idea, Thank you for sharing!!

4. Oakley_Sight

Oakley_Sight Gotta love a good DOG

Knowing you can do this between the frames is very useful. It shows that this forum works regading getting information from each other.

5. yoshi1984

yoshi1984 I love working Dispatch

i remember a youtube i subbed, he showed a video of how he modded his normal radar's with a pair of his xl's to make a one off radar xl, it was awesome.
    thanks for sharing! shows how incredibley versatile radar's are!

6. Oakleynerd

Oakleynerd Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

7. Darkmatter

I must say doing my own customs is fun. I still have an extra Radar XL Frame in polished black that I will be taking the nosepiece off of to put on a Radar Crystal Black frame. So I will have a pair of Oakley Radar XL's in Crystal Black (polished black nosepiece but should still look nice) with red ear socks and nosepiece....with positive red iridium Lens. Can't wait should have everything I need tomorrow I'll put up some pictures afterwards.:)

8. doowutchyalike

doowutchyalike Oakley Enthusiast

This is cool, I thought I knew everything about the radars but I had no idea you could swap the nose pieces! All new world of customs for me now!

9. Menendez1293

Menendez1293 Oakley Enthusiast

What is the diffremnce between Xl and normal radars

10. Darkmatter

The Radar XL's have a longer nosepiece in order to be able to fit the larger lens on the frame. That is the only difference. If you are careful you can remove the nosepiece from a regular Radar or vise versa and swap out the nosepiece to change them into XL's. Pretty cool....