• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Converted Revo Cases

Hi CarGuy, I bought this exactly same case a few months ago. I had no ideal it was made by Oakley. I called them today and it turns out they sold Revo and have no records on file to provide specs or parts. I just started setting it up and discovered I'm missing 2 pegs that hold the shelf glass.

But most importantly I cant find the type of light bulbs it uses. Unfortunately, it doesn't have any that i can compare it to. I don't want to risk adding the wrong light bulb and cause damage. Would you be so kind as to let me know what bulbs I can install in this case? Or post an image or two?

Model: 998-0099 Revo Slim Tower
The harness has the following information: 2A 250 volts T20

Somehow I think that's a lot of watts. I only want a nice normal lighting, not to warm or bright.

Thank you,

Greatly appreciated.

Saturday morning I headed to Anderson, Indiana to pick up a couple of doublewide spine cases. Earlier in the week before I went, the guy tried to tell me about 2 Revo cases that he had but I poo-pooed that idea. However, once I got to his place and saw the Revo cases I had to have them. With all glass sides/shelves, nice hardware with canvas tops they are way more like furniture than Oakley cases- and easy to rebadge. If all Oakley cases look like these it might be easier for us to convince our significant others to allow us better collection locations. Mine already wants me to find a couple more for curio cabinets elsewhere in the house...
View attachment 123994 View attachment 123995 View attachment 123996 View attachment 123997
So while watching football and Street Outlaws I did a little display/ collection maintenance:

View attachment 123998 View attachment 123999 View attachment 124000 View attachment 124002 View attachment 124004 View attachment 124005 View attachment 124006 View attachment 124007 View attachment 124008
Still got some Oakley cases though!

View attachment 124009
Very cool

Like everyone else said ... nice!

Plus I def hear ya on the significant other comment - picked up a counter top Saturday and my wife freaked when she saw how "big it was."

Might have to store it away until we hit the lotto and buy a bigger place ...

o_O
Or of course I could just divorce her ...

Which I did!!!

LOL - sorry, couldn't resist ...

Hi CarGuy, I bought this exactly same case a few months ago. I had no ideal it was made by Oakley. I called them today and it turns out they sold Revo and have no records on file to provide specs or parts. I just started setting it up and discovered I'm missing 2 pegs that hold the shelf glass.

But most importantly I cant find the type of light bulbs it uses. Unfortunately, it doesn't have any that i can compare it to. I don't want to risk adding the wrong light bulb and cause damage. Would you be so kind as to let me know what bulbs I can install in this case? Or post an image or two?

Model: 998-0099 Revo Slim Tower
The harness has the following information: 2A 250 volts T20

Somehow I think that's a lot of watts. I only want a nice normal lighting, not to warm or bright.
Welcome to the forum Junior!
Questions: Where are you located, US (120V) or UK (250V)? Why do you think 2A split 4 ways (4 lamps) is a lot of wattage? Seems like low wattage to me and as an aside I seem to remember that soon after move-in one tower went dead. I had to search extensively to find what is an unusual voltage converter to drive the existing lamps.
I can look later from home for more details on my particular application.
edit:
These are 3W LED lamps, the converter goes from 120v AC (in my application) to 24v DC @ 850MAH. I believe this in the 3W flavor with the outer bezel removed will work for you:
3W Dimmable CREE Recessed LED Ceiling Down Light Spotlight Lamp with Driver
Or these which come in 2 different color temperatures:
CREE 3W Dimmable LED Recessed Ceiling light Down Light Spotlight Lamp + Driver
You should not need the white box that is shown wired in-line as this is the LED "driver". The lamp should already be seeing the dc voltage it needs from the converter in the base of the display.
Grinder rests...

Last edited:
Hi CarGuy,

Thank you for the information on the bulbs. I greatly appreciate it. I'm located in the U.S. The specs I provided were actually printed on the harness itself. I definitely did not want to risk it and go over the required wattage. I'm happy with a low light and low heat.

I will try those specs and bulbs you listed now. Thank you again for everything.

man. these cases are the caca. i've seen them before but didn't pay them any mind.

Back