• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Cool stuff to buy - ideas and suggestions

Oakley logo pull handles for all your cabinets? That's what I got. :)
Everything is in a rustic and bronze tone for the most part. If I had lighter cabinets maybe.

I like Restoration hardware.
Take a look at the Aviator Wing desk.
Flows freely with my Aluminum Single wides ;)
I want their Churchill furniture for my living room. Matched with their Heirloom line for side tables and a trunk.

Their Aviator stuff might look pretty darn good in the office where the O Towers are going. Do you have a pic, @Manish ?

Without suggesting anything specific, IMO a good strategy is to take your time over the years to get nice pieces that will last rather than filling space quickly with cheap IKEA-esque stuff.

Congrats on the new house.
Yeah, all in due time. I've had stuff bookmarked for years before buying it. Like the aforementioned Churchill chair from Restoration Hardware. I'd need to sit in one, but I very much want a big leather armchair that just lets you melt into the cushions. I'm hoping it's plush, and the back is tall enough for my head when sitting upright, without falling away like a normal wingback chair.

And thanks!

Congrats on the new house!

Things to buy?
-Steal security door(s) and replace all the door locks to something other than home depot staple quickset brand.
- Motion security lights.
- replace all door and jam screws with minimum 3" screws for main entry doors to your house and attached garage.
- quality outdoor camera system and dvr that is hardwired
- bolt down gun safe that is capable of holding 2x your current collection so you can store other valuables when you are out of town.
-DIY insulating garage door kit, especially if you have a two story house with a room over the garage.
-switch a couple plugs in main rooms for those that have a usb port so it one less thing to hog up your outlet for nightstands or using surge protectors in weird places.

Things to save for:
slush fund for AC unit repairs, roof repairs, water heater, fridge and washer and dryer that are likely to go out if you got them with the house and it's not a brand new build. Never fails in the first year, this kind of thing happens where one of these needs repair or replacing it seems.
Most of those items are being addressed as well. This was more for cool stuff.

I bought a house on a dirt road that sees maybe 20 cars all day, set back on 3 acres with enough privacy to hunt. Previous owner tells me every year without fail the yard is full of turkey, deer, rabbits, and the standard affair of squirrel, possum, raccoon (though the last two aren't so tasty).

I plan on gettin my bow skills tuned up and the sights adjusted for the new terrain. In a few years I hope to have enough 3D targets to have a pretty fun course setup.

Latest Posts

Back