• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Copper Penny No Serial

Jay82

Oakley Enthusiast
Detroit
I recently purchased a pair of copper penny's and noticed when they came in the mail that there was no serial anywhere on the ear stems. Is that normal? Has anyone ever seen that before? The glasses look and feel absolutely genuine to me, but I am no penny expert.

As far as I know, penny copper was never re-release like his famous counter part the penny xm-ruby and also for all other frame (i.e. penny/ice, polished/black, and ti/vr28) , so definitely penny copper should come with serial on it. is there any box comes with it? or it only came with sunnies and pouch?

had a friend who purchase what was supposedly an x metal ruby penny for a pretty expensive price (since those are very much sought after). he then noticed that the "x metal" began chipping, to which looked like titanium underneath. in short, he was scammed.
and yup, as far as i know, they did not make replacement frames for the copper penny, they should come with the serial. or maybe they were used much that the serial wore off...

Never came across a copper penny without serial...then again, could be warranty pair..since i believe copper finish is not easy to replicatE?
A picture would help

image_zps556dc7fe.jpg
image_zpsb1068dde.jpg
image_zpseee0a545.jpg

He says they are a warranty pair. No box or paperwork, bag only. I kind of wished I'd have known this before I paid a good amount of cash for them. Either way I've never personally seen a copper penny without a serial. These look pretty damn real to me.

They look legit mate and a warranty frame is the most likely explanation. Always best to ask for confirmation of the serial before buying, some sellers accidentally/deliberately list items wrongly - the serial will usually tell you exactly what the model is.

Back