1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Jay82

Jay82 Oakley Enthusiast

I recently purchased a pair of copper penny's and noticed when they came in the mail that there was no serial anywhere on the ear stems. Is that normal? Has anyone ever seen that before? The glasses look and feel absolutely genuine to me, but I am no penny expert.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. emjaycee23

emjaycee23 Vocare Ad Regnum

As far as I know, penny copper was never re-release like his famous counter part the penny xm-ruby and also for all other frame (i.e. penny/ice, polished/black, and ti/vr28) , so definitely penny copper should come with serial on it. is there any box comes with it? or it only came with sunnies and pouch?

3. freakface

freakface Oakley Collector

had a friend who purchase what was supposedly an x metal ruby penny for a pretty expensive price (since those are very much sought after). he then noticed that the "x metal" began chipping, to which looked like titanium underneath. in short, he was scammed.
    and yup, as far as i know, they did not make replacement frames for the copper penny, they should come with the serial. or maybe they were used much that the serial wore off...

4. Oakley Stephen

Oakley Stephen Oakley Collector

Did Oakley ever issue warranty frames for the penny?

5. mopiko

mopiko Oakley Enthusiast

Never came across a copper penny without serial...then again, could be warranty pair..since i believe copper finish is not easy to replicatE?
    A picture would help

6. big bopper

big bopper Oakley Enthusiast

This is probably the most likely explanation. Post up some pics mate.

7. Jay82

Jay82 Oakley Enthusiast

8. Jay82

Jay82 Oakley Enthusiast

He says they are a warranty pair. No box or paperwork, bag only. I kind of wished I'd have known this before I paid a good amount of cash for them. Either way I've never personally seen a copper penny without a serial. These look pretty damn real to me.

9. big bopper

big bopper Oakley Enthusiast

They look legit mate and a warranty frame is the most likely explanation. Always best to ask for confirmation of the serial before buying, some sellers accidentally/deliberately list items wrongly - the serial will usually tell you exactly what the model is.

10. OakleyCan

OakleyCan Oakley Collector

They are warranty, I have seen other copper warranty frames too.