• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Copper Pennys In Germany....3 Days To Go And 600 Euros Already.

i smell a rat with this one. seems similar to recent 'auctions' by maniacimi and cordialmedoc (same person). so i asked if he had a buy it now outside of ebay and he said yes - if i were to pay by bank transfer!! buyer beware on this one....

surprise, surprise - auction ended early..... lets hope someone paid paypal goods & services. i fell for it on a pair of x-metal/ruby pennys. got my money refunded thankfuly.

It's very common to pay by Überweisung in Germany, nowhere near as much of a red flag as a bank transfer in the UK.

Indeed, before eBay mandated PayPal in Germany, it was typically the only way to pay.

he offered paypal as a payment option in his auction terms but only a bank transfer when i contacted him. does the buyer get protection paying via Uberweisung? maybe i was just being over-cautious as i nearly got burnt 'cos they are a damn fine looking pair of oaks!! he had some nice items in the background too....

eBay obliges them to offer PayPal for the auctions, but they much prefer Überweisung. I've done plenty of transfer payments to Germany, never had any problems.

Back