• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Copper x metals

They can't be serialized if there were a few samples meaning it would be hard to say whether they were coated by Oakley.
But the finish on this pair does seem analogous to that on the copper Penny, rather than looking like a plating job.

if anyone can get a lead on this pair it will be @Spenc - he seems to have the right contacts at oakley.
I've had stuff that has not been released like a chrome fast jacket that had sample on them but never released. But never heard of a frame for Romeo 1 being anything other than the three releases.

I understand what you're saying though. Now that other people are doing them, it's tough to say
This guy has got all sorts done in different plating.

7903640270_59cbad25cd_k.jpg

Just a little more info I had a long chat to the guy today and put all your opinions to him and they were 100% done by Oakley he got them from the Oakley head office there were a handful done just for promotional reasons I will post some more pics at the end of the week and maybe start a whole new discussion

thanks for the update @Spenc

be interesting to find out if they are copper plated or another type of finish - either way, if they have provenance of being done by oakley they are sure a rare pair...

Just a little more info I had a long chat to the guy today and put all your opinions to him and they were 100% done by Oakley he got them from the Oakley head office there were a handful done just for promotional reasons I will post some more pics at the end of the week and maybe start a whole new discussion

Does this mean you got the pair already?

Back