• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Found Corvette Juliet

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
The ones on eBay could be regular 2nd gen Juliets with a custom $2k etching job on the lens.......no?

Some people reacted to this post.
Did the etched version have specific serial numbers? I had assumed they would have the CJ prefix?

Username Hidden said:
Did the etched version have specific serial numbers? I had assumed they would have the CJ prefix?
No it's the JC prefix you're looking for in a corvette and not CJ. CJ was for the Carbon/bi Juliet pal. Serial numbers were limited to some degree I would imagine, as few are listed on the owners thread.

Username Hidden said:
JC is the format as per the serial below

A511B7C6-F31C-41AA-9A42-120EF7DEF36D_zpscvkdlrig.jpg

That yours? You should sell it to me! ;)

Also the etching was not part of this release and the word corvette was not actually given to this model - Carbon / 24k and it is the rare earlier version which has been shown (Ruby/red lens) which had the etching in the lower corner. The Carbon/24k model were originally given away to my knowledge to the Corvette racing team, hence the association.

Box end label.

0D324267-71FF-4A70-9556-2B21A984F653_zps6hp0vgnf.jpg

Username Hidden said:
The ones on eBay could be regular 2nd gen Juliets with a custom $2k etching job on the lens.......no?
Rumor has it that those Ruby 'Etched' lenses were put in plasma frames that were laying around. There are members here that know people that have the etched version but very little info other than that.

Username Hidden said:
Was the etching done by Oakley, ot by people outside of Oakley on Oakley pairs?
I'd guess Oakley.....just seems weird they would throw the lenses in just any frame but @Oakley G had confirmed they did this practice back in the day. That's really all I have to go off for info.

So anyone can copy the etching, toss it in a similar frame, and list it on eBay for $2k? I'm sure someone probably thought of that....

Status
Not open for further replies.