• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Countdown To The Boston Marathon

jrd5497

Oakley Expert
TN
Hey everyone,

My good friend is running in the Elite portion of the Boston Marathon this year. She just set the Canadian half-marathon record and back in October she set the Canadian Marathon record. We are having some fun, with a countdown to the race on Twitter, and also hoping she'll get noticed by Oakley at the same time. If you all could help out with some re-tweets that would be great. We started yesterday 27 days til the race, and she'll be in a different pair each day as we countdown to the race. So you'll also get a look at the majority of my collection.

We are using the hashtag #BEYONDaREASONabledoubt - As you can see Oakley's Beyond Reason is in there, the rest is because she is a lawyer.

Any re-tweets each day would be very much appreciated. You can search the hashtag or my name on there: JRD5497

Even a few dr.chop specials will make an appearance.

Thank you all,
Ryan

If I used Twitter I would be happy to help. Do you have anything on Facebook?

Thanks Ecko

I'll check with her when I get out of work. I know we were using Twitter since we could tweet drctly at Oakley, Oakley Canada, Oakley Action Spots. I know she has an athlete page on Facbook, Lanni Marchant is her name

Hey everyone,

My good friend is running in the Elite portion of the Boston Marathon this year. She just set the Canadian half-marathon record and back in October she set the Canadian Marathon record. We are having some fun, with a countdown to the race on Twitter, and also hoping she'll get noticed by Oakley at the same time. If you all could help out with some re-tweets that would be great. We started yesterday 27 days til the race, and she'll be in a different pair each day as we countdown to the race. So you'll also get a look at the majority of my collection.

We are using the hashtag #BEYONDaREASONabledoubt - As you can see Oakley's Beyond Reason is in there, the rest is because she is a lawyer.

Any re-tweets each day would be very much appreciated. You can search the hashtag or my name on there: JRD5497

Even a few dr.chop specials will make an appearance.

Thank you all,
Ryan

You need to get with one of the Oakley reps on the forum to get a bug in the ear of someone at sports marketing. My buddy submitted racing resumes to companies for his sponsorships for triathlon and cycling and had good success for his level of accomplishments.

You need to get with one of the Oakley reps on the forum to get a bug in the ear of someone at sports marketing. My buddy submitted racing resumes to companies for his sponsorships for triathlon and cycling and had good success for his level of accomplishments.
Thanks. I figured we had some reps on here but wasn't sure. Shes a legit pro, holding the Canadian Marathon and Half Marathon national records, and could have a top 10 showing at Boston if all goes well.

Tris are a lot of fun. I need to get my mountain bike back out. I have't been on it in probably 5 years or so. I got hooked on road riding, then tris and trail running.

In case anyone is interested Lanni is running at the Stanford Invitational track meet tonight. Her event the 10,000m is scheduled to start at 9 Pacific time or Midnight eastern time. I will check to see if there is a live stream. 31 min 44 seconds is the Canadian National Record. Hopefully it will be a fast race and maybe give her a shot at another Canadian National Record.

Back