• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Countries It Is Not Safe To Ship To . . .

Herbsley

Steadily Retiring
Durham, UK
I generally state in my Ebay listings that I only ship to UK, Europe, USA, Canada, Japan, and Australia.

This is because I have not had many issues with shipping to these areas in the past, and also because I have heard horror stories about postal services in places such as Brazil and some African countries for example, where items go missing and the seller ends up in Paypal Dispute Hell.

Are there any other countries that we should be wary of?

I know that Italy, for example, has a bad rep for postal services and some folks won't post there. (I would consider it, but insure the parcel to the max).

Also, I've been contacted by a guy in Argentina who wants to buy a pair of my Oakleys. Anyone know of the postal safety position there?

I don't encourage shipping to almost all of Africa, except South Africa, about from our government being useless our potal system is pretty good!
So please guys keep me in mind, cus I struggle getting any worthwhile limited edition pieces in SA!
I have resort to eBay nowadays to get limited or rare stuff, which is not great but better than nothing!

Yes. Everyone please note, before any offence is taken, that I am talking about unsafe postal services in other countries - NOT inviting slander against the good citizens of those countries!

Thought I'd clarify that before I got loads of responses saying "I never send to UK cos they all sit around eating roast beef and drinking tea" etc.

:laugh:

and those roast beeeeef eating fellas are sloooooooow as hell :eek:))

i ship to every country in the world - because i have a insurance on every parcel so i don't care the slow motion service!

I've posted to Russia and not had a problem. I don't post to Italy anymore because their postal service is so slow and I get complaints about it. It's not my fault, Royal Mail can get stuff to Italy in 2 days, but once there it seems to take weeks to get to it's final destination and that's nothing to do with me.

Brazil has a bad rep but Royal Mail have an Airsure service which is tracked and traced so if something goes missing you can claim back on the Royal Mail insurance. I've never had a buyer from Brazil but I'd be happy to ship there because of Airsure. Other countries which use Airsure and are safe to ship to are listed on the Royal Mail website: http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/content3?mediaId=132500811&catId=132500806

Lots of people refuse to ship to Malaysia but I ship loads there and have never had a problem.

I have shipped to almost all south America, including Brazil, without any problem @ all; also I have shipped to some Euro Countries (Spain, France, Germany and Italy) and is really fast to get things there. The only Countries I've been aware to ship and I haven't have the chance to do business with, are east Asian Countries. Actually, I work for a Japanese company that has many branches all over Asia and we ship continuosly to there with not any problem.

Although I've never shipped outside of the U.S. (except to relatives in Japan), this is really good info. I sell things here and there on Craigslist and eBay, and this info will help for future reference. Thanks guys!

Back