• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Craigslist Rant - Juliets Inside

Same thing happened to me on an eBay purchase. Upon first glance the condition seemed great and I could tell they were authentic so I left positive feedback, and then a few weeks later when i went to change lenses I discovered the screw problem. You win some you lose some, I guess

Hey guys same thing happened to me once before with a pair of Ducati Juliet's, I was inspecting them when I was about to buy them and the guy TOTALLY tool me off track by grabbing them from me and pointing out "I thought these were fake" because of the different "O" .so I go home and start the cleaning process and I realized one of the lens screws is totally stripped. Tried T6-7-8-9 and nothing. It ok me 3 hours to get that little screw out of there. I figured it out on my own, I used my drill with a drill bits big enough to Fit in the screw hole and literally desintegrated the head of the screw untill the orbit loosened. Then I used some nose pliers to remove the screw

So i thought i'd update this thread with some good news. I took it to HQ last Friday and they were able to easily remove the stripped screw. The tech didn't show me the tool he used, but from the way he explained it, it's basically a scissor that fits right in between the orbital joint, prys it open and cuts the screw and the orbital just pops open. He said it takes him seconds.

So if anyone ever has another stripped orbital screw, just bring it or send it in if you're afraid of taking a drill to your X Metals.

Latest Posts

Back