• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Crazing Around Edges Of Fives Squared Lenses

If the cutter used when they cut the lenses and beveled the edges was dull (or a sloppy job overall) you might have a lot of high spots that are inducing the iridium to flake off. A loose fit of the lens might be rubbing the coating and chipping it off at the edges as well.

My old XX had a touch of that going on, but not that bad. My Heater lens in my M-Frames has a very rough cut to it, I've been very cautious when swapping that lens around in the frame to avoid any damage from the iridium on the rough edge.

Honestly 18 months old (year and a half) it won't be covered under warranty since it's only covered within a year. Concerning the peeling that occurred, sweat and face oils can build up inside the rim of the frame causing peeling. I recommend cleaning your glasses at least once a week (removing your lenses and removing build up on the inside of the frame rim) to prevent this from happening. Here is an in depth guide to cleaning your glasses.

http://www.oakleyforum.com/oakley-s...3-how-properly-clean-your-oakley-glasses.html

This is more common than people know and most people that take their lenses out (if they never have before) will notice the edges have been worn away, this is the exact reason why. Iridium is even worse about this since it's an exterior metal coating.

Back