• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Crooked Fit?

An optometrist users the same method as I explained. Either with a box filled with heated sand or convection (Hair dryer) Send them back to Oakley and they'll laugh to themselves before sending them back and charging you for postage. Unless they have an optometrist in store that will do exactly as I suggested.

the frogskin boxes are a piece of ****! not even a frogskin fits in there!!!

@eltb99
but it should be not a big deal, to create a box, how fits the product!??!
that's pretty pathetic, when they receive the purchased product and the box is damaged already from this base!

I think its all related to when Oakley was starting out. Jim pumped all his cash($300) into technology and not the packaging. With the re-release, I would think O wanted to keep it as original as they could. Hense the crap boxes. Although weak and not great quality, I like the look of the clear boxes.

Just my 2 cents..

no doubt!
the box is cool - but i would cost 2 cents, to make those wider for the better fit.
the style is perfect.

If it's as bad as you make it out to be, you might be better off taking them in to Oakley. I'm not sure what they can do for you considering your frames are sold out unless they just happened to have another pair in stock to do the exchange. If you end up sending them into HQ, you may not see them for months on end.

I will say this about the current Frogskins: Is it just me or are the newer Frogskins a bit more flimsy? In my other thread i mentioned my Camo Frogs are the first pair of Frogs for me since my original pair back in 1997. If my memory serves me, the old pairs were more sturdy. I don't remember them having as much play as they do now.

Not exactly sure how to answer this because I haven't held a vintage frog in awhile. If you want to feel flimsy, buy one of the acid series. Those are the most flimsy of the bunch!

Agreed, the Acid and even the SW are really quite bad. If you compare them to say the Matt Red of the re-release. I think i posted a thread about this sometime ago.

Back