• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Cross Country Skiing Glasses

s3sunruh

Oakley Expert
Casper WY
What seems like a good pair for skiing? Not really interested in goggles but would be willing to give them a try if they are the best for the job (i would rather stick to glasses however). I think I need something good for snow with just a lot of coverage on my face. New radarlock xl or pitch? Windjacket? New racing jacket? And what is the best lens for snow?

I have the new racing jackets... too bad the gaskets don't work on those. I just need to keep the wind out of my eyes i think. That stuff can sting like crazy.

Contrast lens for sure. Polarized on a sunny day if you're out in the open. What kind of XC are you doing? Converted biking/hiking trails, or actual trekking out into the abyss?

I'm not a skiing fan, but I can tell you the Split/Wind Jackets are great for XC biking and I never had problems with wind in my eyes.
Great plus is the strap, interchangeable lens system, easy to customize (bolt, icon, socks).
If you need some close-up pics let me know.

Thanks for the feedback guys! I honestly could probably just use a couple of the glasses I have at the moment. But what is the fun in that? I always look for reasons for a new pair. :wink: Probably going to go the split jacket route or radar xl route.

Before I make any huge purchase however, does anyone know if the split jacket gasket upgrade kit works on the "new" racing jacket? I watched a video on how to install and it looks very much like it would fit.

Back