1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Jontoad

Jontoad Oakley Expert

I picked up a Deep Water Prizm Polar/Gloss Black Holbrook at my local Oakley Vault store Sunday. it was top on my list of pairs i have been wanting since i love the DWP lens and Holbrooks are my go to frames when i am not wearing Xmetals. the sad part is i couldn't find anything on the clearance rack at the Vault i wanted since like always it was buy one get any clearance pair 50% off.

last week i picked up a MotoGP Holbrook (Emerald/Gloss Black) off Ebay pretty cheap.

i sold a Pit Boss II i never wore to help pay for these. i liked looking at that PBII, but it just didn't look right on me so it was time for it to move on. i am really just trying to trim any pairs i don't wear out of the collection and replace them with ones i want and will wear.

this brings the total of Holbrooks i have up to 9 at the moment (but 2 of them are beaters i wear at work). i think the only Holbrook i still want to get now is the Violet Polar/Gloss Black one.

pictures... the last pic is missing my Matte Carbon/BIP holiday Holbrook that is on another shelf. it's also missing my 2 work beater pairs that are in my truck.

crossed 2 more off my wanted list. - dz914.jpg

crossed 2 more off my wanted list. - msf7ed.jpg

crossed 2 more off my wanted list. - 5n0u51.jpg

Ventruck, Durty66, cyclerdoug and 5 others like this.
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. "Trump"

"Trump" Oakley Collector Premium Member

Sweet collection there :cool-20:

3. QLR1

QLR1 DARK SIDE, embraced!

Congrats. I find myself wanting some of the oddest things.... a little variety goes a long way. I hear ya, if you don't like something, it gotta go!!!!!!

cyclerdoug and "Trump" like this.
  4. Jontoad

Jontoad Oakley Expert

thanks! :drinks:

"Trump" likes this.
  5. "Trump"

Im with ya, I even have 1 pair of frogskins!

QLR1 likes this.
  6. Jontoad

Jontoad Oakley Expert

yup. as time passes i find a pair or two i bought when i was early in collecting that just doesn't get any love after i get something later that i like better or works better. at least you can always get some cash towards the next one by selling it. like when i found out i just can't do white frames and sold my STPL Holbrook even though Holbrooks are my favorite O-matter frame.

QLR1 likes this.
  7. Jontoad

Jontoad Oakley Expert

i only have 1 pair of frogs. the IH ones with the purple camo on the arms. i don't really pull off that frame well, but i wear it anyways. lol.

"Trump" likes this.
  8. "Trump"

Must of been tough... :focus-97::focus-97:

9. Nortika

Nortika Oakley Expert Premium Member

That's a sweet collection of Holbrooks, i love the MotoGP, congrats

10. cyclerdoug

cyclerdoug Oakley Expert Premium Member

Nice pickup Jon. That's another pair of Brooks I need, and a friend at work bought them (his first Oakleys) for his pontoon boat on my recommendation and he's now a total O convert.

Great lens!!

Jontoad likes this.