• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Crosshair 2.0 Emerald Iridium Polarized Question

Oakley Beginner
Are there any reviews about the emerald polarized? How's the feedback for the lens tint? I'm asking because I'm going to buy it from an independent seller and I don't like to waste his time meeting up and me not liking the lens tint. Is the oakley site's simulated lens tint accurate?

I just got mine two weeks ago. I fell in love with it :) The green lens are looking awesome, the tint is great. If you need, I can shoot some photos in clear, sunny weather, the stock pictures just can't give back the real beauty look of it.

What are you afraid you won't like? Emerald is mostly neutral (gray based) but the green iridium can cause a hint of discoloration potentially. The green isn't as loud or brilliant as jade. Oakley shows it as a very green in their stock images, but it can appear lighter, chrome, bluish even. You can google pics of the glasses and see some real photos.

I just got a pair of new square wires with emerald Iridium (non polarized) and it is very yellowish I feel. I'm not a huge fan, and actually got a pair of black Iridium lenses I'm considering putting in instead.

Here's a couple pics of mine :

IMG_20140522_204444017_zpstnmg4tn1.jpg

IMG_20140522_204426153_zpszjz0yod0.jpg

Are there any reviews about the emerald polarized? How's the feedback for the lens tint? I'm asking because I'm going to buy it from an independent seller and I don't like to waste his time meeting up and me not liking the lens tint. Is the oakley site's simulated lens tint accurate?
Emerald Polarized is one of those lenses that can be really different depending on the frame and even the batch. All emerald has that light green tint to it but depending on the batch, you can also get a healthy helping of goldish tint or a splash of light blue mixed in or just straight bright light green so I would ask for pictures from a few different angles before making a decision on a specific pair if you're picky. That being said, emerald is one of my all time favorite lenses to look through -- period.

I have a pair of 2.0 and I love them. I want to try out the ice lenses I think those would be sharp. Any thoughts?

Back