1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. newbie

newbie Oakley Beginner

Are there any reviews about the emerald polarized? How's the feedback for the lens tint? I'm asking because I'm going to buy it from an independent seller and I don't like to waste his time meeting up and me not liking the lens tint. Is the oakley site's simulated lens tint accurate?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. OakleyGuru379

OakleyGuru379 What is that thing?!

It is a very nice tint. You should like it.

3. muDao

muDao Oakley Beginner

I just got mine two weeks ago. I fell in love with it :) The green lens are looking awesome, the tint is great. If you need, I can shoot some photos in clear, sunny weather, the stock pictures just can't give back the real beauty look of it.

4. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

What are you afraid you won't like? Emerald is mostly neutral (gray based) but the green iridium can cause a hint of discoloration potentially. The green isn't as loud or brilliant as jade. Oakley shows it as a very green in their stock images, but it can appear lighter, chrome, bluish even. You can google pics of the glasses and see some real photos.

5. pistolpetefan23

pistolpetefan23 Oakley Expert Premium Member

I just got a pair of new square wires with emerald Iridium (non polarized) and it is very yellowish I feel. I'm not a huge fan, and actually got a pair of black Iridium lenses I'm considering putting in instead.

Here's a couple pics of mine :

Crosshair 2.0 Emerald Iridium Polarized Question - IMG_20140522_204444017_zpstnmg4tn1.jpg
    Crosshair 2.0 Emerald Iridium Polarized Question - IMG_20140522_204426153_zpszjz0yod0.jpg

6. steveocubed

steveocubed Oakley Enthusiast

Emerald Polarized is one of those lenses that can be really different depending on the frame and even the batch. All emerald has that light green tint to it but depending on the batch, you can also get a healthy helping of goldish tint or a splash of light blue mixed in or just straight bright light green so I would ask for pictures from a few different angles before making a decision on a specific pair if you're picky. That being said, emerald is one of my all time favorite lenses to look through -- period.

7. mrgus1974

mrgus1974 Oakley Beginner

I have a pair of 2.0 and I love them. I want to try out the ice lenses I think those would be sharp. Any thoughts?

8. muDao

muDao Oakley Beginner

Here's a pic of my Crosshair 2.0 with Emerald Iridium Polarized lenses.
    Crosshair 2.0 Emerald Iridium Polarized Question - 10458665_795122253845059_7605517365605663254_n.jpg