1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. walds11

walds11 Oakley Beginner

I am new to the Oakley sunglasses game. I've been wearing Ray Bans for years. I stopped at my local SGH kiosk at the mall yesterday. I fell in the love with the Crosshair. The only model they had in stock was the Lead/Black Iridium Polarized. Very nice and hip aviator style sunglasses. I tend to lean towards brown lenses. Oakley offers the Titanium/Tungsten Iridium Polarized for $50 more. Are the titanium frames really that much lighter than the alloy frames? Is it worth the extra $50? Since I have so many brown lenses, I might as well get something different and go for the Black Iridium Polarized. Plus, I can get a decent discount on the alloy frame model at an authorized online retailer, so it's a great value play.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. discodave

discodave Go Navy!

It is DEFINITELY worth the extra 50 dollars. I have all versions (Ballistic, regular, and Titanium) and you can't even tell you're wearing the Titaniums.

3. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

I sold my standard frames, I kept my titanium model. I have the one with brown lenses (tungsten iridium polarized) I definitely recommend them. The lenses are nice classic feel and great for a cruising type feel.

They do make a black titanium frame with black lenses, as well.

I would buy more if I got another deal on them. Or if they made more colors of the titanium.

4. walds11

walds11 Oakley Beginner

Thanks for the feedback guys. I swiped up a pair of Crosshair Titanium Tungsten Iridium Polarized shades from an authorized online retailer at 20% off :) My friend has a pair of Square Wire Tungsten Iridium Polarized shades. I really like the lenses...bronze lens with a subtle mirror coating. Great all-purpose high contrast lens.

5. walds11

walds11 Oakley Beginner

I received the Crosshair Titanium Tungsten Iridium Polarized shades in the mail today. They rock! The Ti frames are super light, you don't feel like you are wearing anything at all!

6. jdd32

jdd32 X Metal Workshop

The Ti Crosshairs are awesome. Only problem I find is the stark difference in weight - whenever I switch from my X-Metal Ti frames to my Ti Crosshairs, I have a habit of checking if I'm still wearing them because they're feather-light!

7. walds11

walds11 Oakley Beginner

The shape of the Crosshair is great with a nice spin on the classic aviator style. I am not really digging the look of the Titanium frames with tungsten iridium polarized lenses. Too much contrast with the brushed (dull) Titanium frames and these lenses. It's hard to explain, maybe too much of an "industrial" look for me. I might consider the non-Titanium Lead frames with Black Iridium Polarized lenses. They appear to be more low key.

8. discodave

discodave Go Navy!

Sent you a PM.....