• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Crossing Crankcases

Nice work. Love the Steel frame combos. Was never sure why they had the funky green icons that matched nothing and the dark grey lenses in those anyway. That is what kept me from buying the cool steel frame. Also like the polished blk with the violet. I have the matte black violet and the polished just looks better the lenses really pop out.

Nice work. Love the Steel frame combos. Was never sure why they had the funky green icons that matched nothing and the dark grey lenses in those anyway. That is what kept me from buying the cool steel frame. Also like the polished blk with the violet. I have the matte black violet and the polished just looks better the lenses really pop out.
Thanks man.

For the VI pair, It's an easy swap - just get a polished black frame w/ Warm Grey or BIP and have at it!

I totally agree about the Steel frames. I prefer them to the Matte Black on me. Oakley's stock photos of the Steel frames aren't helpful at all. I wanted to do a pair w/ IIP + Polished Blue Icons, but I had no idea how they'd look on me. I tried it out and they looked ok. Maybe I'll put together the Steel + IIP + Polished Blue Icons in the future. For now, I think I've got enough.

I don't have any Polished Brown or Tortoise frames because the Brown frames don't go well with my skin tone / hair / etc.

I did have a pair of the Grey Ghost Text / Grey Polarized / Gunmetal Icons, but I wasn't thrilled with them; unfortunately they didn't have an Iridium lens, so, they weren't keepers for me.

Last edited: