• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Crosslink Pitch Asia Fit OX8041 CRACKED

Shoe

Oakley Beginner
I've had a horrible time so far with my first two pairs of glasses ordered via the interweb.

First I had funky defective lenses for my Flak 2.0 prescription (see thread HERE) and today I had even more bad news.

I had ordered both pairs at the same time...way back on Jan-12....I had called to see what the delay was with the Crosslinks and was told Oakley isn't offering this model anymore to dealers. To be fair the rep at the online store was very helpful and offered to purchase them using his company card.

I get home today knowing the package was delivered...unwrap it carefully.....and this is what I see:

20160216_182642.jpg

Cracked in three places...These were wrappedin foam paper, inside the oakley case with the foam insert made specifically for the Crosslinks....so I'm pretty sure it wasn't from shipping. What it could be from is the nasty cold spell we just had....It was 8 degrees yesterday morning here in NY.......so maybe the cold cracked the frames.

They are sending me another frame...and I will go to a local place to have them swap the lenses.

Of all the rotten luck........................I just can't win.

I've had a horrible time so far with my first two pairs of glasses ordered via the interweb.

First I had funky defective lenses for my Flak 2.0 prescription (see thread HERE) and today I had even more bad news.

I had ordered both pairs at the same time...way back on Jan-12....I had called to see what the delay was with the Crosslinks and was told Oakley isn't offering this model anymore to dealers. To be fair the rep at the online store was very helpful and offered to purchase them using his company card.

I get home today knowing the package was delivered...unwrap it carefully.....and this is what I see:

View attachment 223427

Cracked in three places...These were wrappedin foam paper, inside the oakley case with the foam insert made specifically for the Crosslinks....so I'm pretty sure it wasn't from shipping. What it could be from is the nasty cold spell we just had....It was 8 degrees yesterday morning here in NY.......so maybe the cold cracked the frames.

They are sending me another frame...and I will go to a local place to have them swap the lenses.

Of all the rotten luck........................I just can't win.
Sure you can. The frame is getting replaced. Bright side there. :)

Accident prone I am I do not argue...But this is just crazy. First world problems. On the bright side the hi index lenses are super crisp and clear....and getting my prescription updated .5 in each eye makes a nice difference too.

That sucks. What a headache. A discount or partial refund should be in order for your inconvenience. Glad they are replacing em..

Not even two months after getting my replacement frames and now the clear nosepads oads gave disintegrated. I can sort if rub off chunks if material. Thus is ridiculous!!!

Anyone else experience this? The interweb store is sending me black replacements.

20160410_111249.jpg

Not even two months after getting my replacement frames and now the clear nosepads oads gave disintegrated. I can sort if rub off chunks if material. Thus is ridiculous!!!

Anyone else experience this? The interweb store is sending me black replacements.

View attachment 238312
Where exactly are you buying these from? :eek:

Sent from the land of make believe while riding a train through some strange guys apartment or house or whatever the hell he lives in

Back