• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Crowd-source Designed - Lets Take It Back To Sculptural Art Wrapped In Science.

Not trying to create a negative vibe, I was genuinely curious about that aspect.

I am very interested in seeing how this turns out though. I would love to create something similar to a Nanowire 3.0. Maybe a Batwolf lens with some added stems for a lightweight shield pair.

Not trying to create a negative vibe, I was genuinely curious about that aspect.

I am very interested in seeing how this turns out though. I would love to create something similar to a Nanowire 3.0. Maybe a Batwolf lens with some added stems for a lightweight shield pair.

yes! i loved the Nanowire 3.0 but something always bugged me about them.. was it the dimensions? it was just a tiny bit off. i'll throw in the idea of a minimalist wire shield lens design

You think they were too small or too big? Honestly I think it'd be cool to try something with a sports lens such as an M-Frame or Radar.

I have a Batwolf lens I can donate for testing.

I'm not sure about anyone else but I think the term "similar to" is something that we want to avoid precisely due to the fact that "similar to" is what Oakley seems to be doing themselves lately.

What I'd like to see is something new in its entirety.

Just my $0.02.

You think they were too small or too big? Honestly I think it'd be cool to try something with a sports lens such as an M-Frame or Radar.

I have a Batwolf lens I can donate for testing.

i felt the lens was a touch too big and squarish for it,a nd the wire arms were just a shade too plain. awesome, once we finalise a design we can use that lens to cut it out and see how it looks.

I'm not sure about anyone else but I think the term "similar to" is something that we want to avoid precisely due to the fact that "similar to" is what Oakley seems to be doing themselves lately.

What I'd like to see is something new in its entirety.

Just my $0.02.

i understand that. its no harm having the idea, in any case it'll just remain as an idea if its too close to a copyright infringement.. no harm trying to design something "inspired by" though?

i understand that. its no harm having the idea, in any case it'll just remain as an idea if its too close to a copyright infringement.. no harm trying to design something "inspired by" though?
Oh I definitely think every idea should be given fair thought. I just feel, personally, that if I want to draw inspiration for a frame, I'd want that inspiration to come from anywhere BUT Oakley since, again, it just seems like that's what they're doing to themselves currently.

For example, the monocle thing I just happened to think about steampunk for some reason. LOL

Just something cool I figured out, the M-Frame nosepiece fits directly onto the Batwolf lens.

awesome. thats starting to look like a better candidate for a franken-pair. i'll be happy to build that if you want.. custom shaped shield lens, Nanowire 2.0 arms, and Mframe nosepiece?

Oh I definitely think every idea should be given fair thought. I just feel, personally, that if I want to draw inspiration for a frame, I'd want that inspiration to come from anywhere BUT Oakley since, again, it just seems like that's what they're doing to themselves currently.

For example, the monocle thing I just happened to think about steampunk for some reason. LOL

Yeah that monocle idea is awesome. its things like that we want to build off. is there any way we can design a shield lens to sit like a twin-monocle? ive never worn a monocle so i dont know the dynamics of it but that would be pretty mad too

Back