1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. alcapon1

alcapon1 Oakley Enthusiast

So I totally buy many different styles and to me the condition of the box matters. Maybe because I am a designer by trade I like my items to be as if they were taken directly from production in the factory condition.

I wanna know if people also care? I have been getting product (not from Oakley Direct I might add but sometimes) because their website does not have them in stock or other reasons)

I would say that at least half of sunglasses that I order come with the box bent out of shape, labels put on completely off the mark and from reputable suppliers....What gives?

Batman_1939 likes this.
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. patrick1242

patrick1242 Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

What gives indeed.

I'm particular about my boxes too, some people aren't. Clear frog boxes seem to be infamous for showing up broken in the mail.

Batman_1939 and alcapon1 like this.
  3. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

I prefer every box that I touch to seem like it's never been touched before. :rolleyes:

4. SecretNinja

SecretNinja Oakley Expert

Depend on the frame. If I buy for a regular wear pair and never to resell, I could care less. But, if it is a vintage frame advertised as "MINT." I expect everything to be crisp. The word "Mint", in my opinion is being used a bit loosely nowadays.

Chris A Hardaway likes this.
  5. SiRacer420

SiRacer420 Oakley Expert

I like my boxes fresh too.

Seriously.

kronin323, Tantor67, alcapon1 and 2 others like this.
  6. alcapon1

Cool, I was feeling like i might be a bit anal. I ordered from a store a pair of Rust Decay Fuel Cell and a Ferrari Badman came in two separate boxes all bent up and dented. These are not cheep sunglasses and I wish more places would treat them as such. If I get a pair and they are F-ed up I wont buy from that retailer anymore.

SecretNinja likes this.
  7. SiRacer420

SiRacer420 Oakley Expert

OakleyFrankFMJ likes this.
  8. SecretNinja

SecretNinja Oakley Expert

I concur. That is just uncalled for. Even we, in the forum, pack our shipments better than corporate companies.

9. Funky-Trixtar

Funky-Trixtar Me ,some time ago............. Premium Member

and I think we know 'which boxes' you're referring too Frank.............

OakleyFrankFMJ likes this.
  10. alcapon1

Its funny cuz what I do now is a little unorthodox to make sure I get product boxes are in stellar condition. I make sure the order is at the end of the day, then send a email with the order number about finding the best condition product in the warehouse including the box, shipping and so forth. Usually the order will be in line the next morning and fulfilled by the manager. I did this and it worked perfectly and even got the order out faster.:popcorn: now to see if they are no lieing to me...lol