• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Crushed boxes poor labels different suppliers

alcapon1

I should Work at Oakley
West Side
So I totally buy many different styles and to me the condition of the box matters. Maybe because I am a designer by trade I like my items to be as if they were taken directly from production in the factory condition.

I wanna know if people also care? I have been getting product (not from Oakley Direct I might add but sometimes) because their website does not have them in stock or other reasons)

I would say that at least half of sunglasses that I order come with the box bent out of shape, labels put on completely off the mark and from reputable suppliers....What gives?

Depend on the frame. If I buy for a regular wear pair and never to resell, I could care less. But, if it is a vintage frame advertised as "MINT." I expect everything to be crisp. The word "Mint", in my opinion is being used a bit loosely nowadays.

I like my boxes fresh too.

Seriously.
I prefer every box that I touch to seem like it's never been touched before. :rolleyes:

Cool, I was feeling like i might be a bit anal. I ordered from a store a pair of Rust Decay Fuel Cell and a Ferrari Badman came in two separate boxes all bent up and dented. These are not cheep sunglasses and I wish more places would treat them as such. If I get a pair and they are F-ed up I wont buy from that retailer anymore.

I concur. That is just uncalled for. Even we, in the forum, pack our shipments better than corporate companies.

Its funny cuz what I do now is a little unorthodox to make sure I get product boxes are in stellar condition. I make sure the order is at the end of the day, then send a email with the order number about finding the best condition product in the warehouse including the box, shipping and so forth. Usually the order will be in line the next morning and fulfilled by the manager. I did this and it worked perfectly and even got the order out faster.:popcorn: now to see if they are no lieing to me...lol

Back