• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Crystal Black Frames - Are There Fakes Out There?

Uluahunter

I should Work at Oakley
Hawaii
Aloha fam! I've been trying to think of a collection project for me to start on, specifically on a frame type or colorway. I'm seriously leaning towards starting a crystal black collection. I really like the transparent frame color and finding different frame models for affordable prices doesn't seem to be that bad. Of course, I'd be collecting mostly men's frames and probably ones that I will more than likely wear, like...Radars, Hijinx, Monster Dogs, Pit Bulls, Gascans, Fives, etc.. I've kind of already started without really trying as I have a pair of Monster Pups and Bottlecaps in crystal black.

My question is...has anyone seen or is anyone aware of fakes or replicas out there in the marketplace made in this frame colorway? I've searched online and skimmed through the boards, but couldn't find anything about crystal black frames being faked. Any inputs or experiences would be appreciated. Mahalo!!!

if you found one and if you not sure just send me a picture or post it. . .
we will find out if it's real or fake!

There's a Hijinx on CL right now (Hawaii). The seller is asking $40, but I haven't contacted him yet. If you can, take a look and let me know what you think. Thanks!

Or is it okay for me to post the link? Lmk, thanks!

Back