• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Crystal Black vs. Polished Clear Frogskins?

FilipePT

Oakley Beginner
I need to buy some new sunglasses.
I always had sunglasses common black and gray lens, but this time I am thinking about buying frogskins colored with iridium mirrored lenses.
But do these glasses are versatile as the black ones? You can use any type of clothing or any time, without attracting much attention?

In my local shop has these two models

Crystal black / positive red

24-304zoom1.jpg

Polished clear, violet

OYPCSG-PCV-1.jpg

What advise me?

I want to use the glasses throughout the year, and not only in the summer, advise me to buy one of these two pairs?

Tanks.

seriously?

Violet lenses let in lots of sunshine? but I see so many people with violet lenses and everyone likes

I've tried both in a store, the red positive, I found the lens is dark, more like a dark blue than red, is it anyway?

the polished found them more versatile, are cleaner and do not call so much attention

I'd go with the Crystal Black Frame/ +Positive Red Lenses. If you loom straight on the lenses look blue but to the side they look purple or sometimes reds. Has to be one of my favourite lens Oakley does!

I gotta agree with the clear frames/violet lenses. I have a pair and it does get distracting, and the violet lenses are more show and less function. They look awesome, but when you step in the sun, they don't compare to +Red. Crystal Black frames are the way to go, you can always swap lenses...you can't change the color of the frame.

Back