• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

CSix Aluminum (box Damaged)

whirrx

Oakley Beginner
So the wife scored again and picked me up one of the last available pairs of the Aluminum CSix for Christmas. Come to find out the latch on the box is broken. I went in to talk to the manager at my O Store and she said she would talk to corporate about getting a replacement box. Very nice of her, but last I checked, she was having difficulty with it.

Anyone know of how I should handle this? Just call corporate customer service or is there another number to call or person to email that might be more useful. I don't think I will actually latch the box much, but for the price it would be nice to have it in working condition.

No news quite yet. Sent an email in explaining the situation and trying to gauge reaction from that. Just basically mentioned I paid full price, didn't really expect any type of refund, would just like a new box, if possible. Also, for my troubles asked about the possibility of getting some special ordered lenses cut for them, figured it wouldn't hurt to try and now was as good a time as any!

Keep the thread posted as I get updates (hopefully tomorrow).

I'm gonna bet that the box couldn't be repaired. Also, not replaced cause there are probably no extras

Hey guys, I am pleased to update this thread finally, and it has been resolved.

A few weeks ago, I got a call from my O Store, it turns out they really had not dropped the ball and had been exhausting all of their resources to get the box fixed. They told me to bring the box in, and they would send it in to HQ to be repaired. They said it would take about 3-5 days and it would be shipped back all repaired. About 4 days after the box was shipped to HQ, I received another call from the O Store and the word from HQ was the box COULD be fixed, but that the repair would not leave the box in a sufficient quality and that a new box would be made from scratch, but would take a little longer.
Got the call from the O Store yesterday and the box had arrived and my buddy there let me know I would be pleasantly surprised. I showed up to pick the box up and there was, indeed, a surprise. The inside of the box that displayed the CSix which WAS a black velvet, had been upgraded to black leather. They included a new DVD, picture book and soft case as well, but the upgrade was definitely a surprise.
There was also a letter thanking me for my patronage and loyalty to Oakley and apologizing for the issue. They also explained the process they took, and the decision to upgrade the inside. Overall, exactly what I would have hoped for, but definitely more than I had expected. Overall the process took from Jan 8th to drop off to yesterday the 25th to receive.

I will post pictures soon.

that is beautiful to hear! That is quality stuff to hear about when a company went above and beyond to take care of an issue like that.

You have gotta be happy! :thumb::thumb:

Back