1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. whirrx

whirrx Oakley Beginner

So, I bought my CSix Aluminum back in December from my Local O Store, and the store found that the box had been broken in shipping. My O Store was fantastic in assistance in resolving this issue and the box was repaired (as described in my post in recent purchases a while back).

Today, I was cleaning my glasses and I noticed a small 3mm or so black piece on the lens. This scared me as I thought it may have been in my cleaning kit and I was wiping it across the lens and scratching it. To my surprise, it was actually a piece of CF that had broken off of the glasses. I hadn't noticed before, but there are two pieces of CF above and below the spring hinges, and this particular piece had broken off from there.

CSix Chronicles: Oakley's Stress Testing On My Patience - IMG_20130412_090147_zps0beaf067.jpg Bad side

CSix Chronicles: Oakley's Stress Testing On My Patience - IMG_20130412_085942_zps2ce18573.jpg Good side

I am contacting Oakley now, will keep you all updated with the latest on my findings.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. OakleyBoss84

OakleyBoss84 Oakley Collector

Oh wow good luck bro

3. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

That is disturbing.....I'm shocked that happened but as with everything there are issues....it sucks that you seem to have more issues than most. :(

4. MrMoonlight

MrMoonlight Oakley Enthusiast

That's really a shame. I'm sure Oakley will take care of you, though. Keep us updated.

Frank! Is that you? Where ya been hidin'?

5. OakleyFrankFMJ

Yup...it's me....been SUPER busy lately and then the new forum format comes out and posting from my phone is next to impossible cause theres no mobile format anymore.....I haven't used tapatalk yet but I'm starting to think about it.....

For now I'm posting from my laptop but that's fun cause I usually NEVER am sitting in one spot too long.

6. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

tapatalk is worthwhile for sure, i highly recommend

7. OakleyFrankFMJ

I've noticed on my laptop I cannot post comments at all using IE but using anything else like Safari or chrome is no issue....has anyone else had the same problem? sorry to stray off topic.

8. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

im on a mac so i dont know. start a O/T Thread on this and see if anyone else has the issue :)