• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Current prices on PENNYs...

DrtyHarry

Oakley Expert
I always try and snatch up a pair of Pennys any time I see them at a good price. My last purchase, I got a MINT pair (no box) of a serialized titanium frame with fire lenses for about $200. It came with a metal vault as well. I see the SAME pair of glasses being sold and being described as "loose" and needing a tune and possibly replacement lenses for about $600! That's not double....but TRIPPLE!

I don't mind buying a beater frame as long as there are not chunks of metal missing from the frame. I send them off to the X-MAN for a tune and usually have him cerekote them black for me....and bam, I got a pair far better than what Oakley ever spit out from the factory.

I have seen Juliets run between $180-$220 for normal/average pairs. Some serial and some not. I found a polished Julie with Hammerstems for about $235 not long ago. I like the look of Hammers, but I honestly feel like the regular arms fit a bit better. And in some cases, actually look better. They are harder to find, that's for sure. I know that matching boxes, coins, complete sets all make a difference to some.....but I for one don't really care for matching boxes and what have you. I wear all my glasses....maybe not so much my XM serial early ruby Penny. I have another one that is non serial that I wear and I covet the serial one. Besides, I found that I much prefer ALL my XMs with black frames over the X-Metal finish.

And the HIGH priced Penny and Juliets don't sell that well on eBay unless they are considered NIB with all accessories and matching everything, coin, etc. Most Pennys I have bought as of recent have not been more than $220...

Harry

A little off top but please Harry tell me where do you buy them? I might be able to get 1st and only pair I need within this price range.

My last few purchases were on eBay. I scored a MINT pair of titanium/fire for under $220. The lowest price on a Penny right now is $299 OBO....and he won't budge much on the price. I was going to pick up another one the other day where the price was about the same, but @Chris A Hardaway told me he was bidding on them so I let them go. However, I don't think he was able to bid so someone else lucked out.

Supply and demand. If enough people buy them at a certain price, it becomes the average and then they sell at that or higher. I've noticed trends, juliets are the lowest selling metals. About a year or two ago Mars and xx were around Juliet prices. So I'm stocking up now while they're cheap. Your getting good deals with the penny's so stock up while you can.

Supply and demand. If enough people buy them at a certain price, it becomes the average and then they sell at that or higher. I've noticed trends, juliets are the lowest selling metals. About a year or two ago Mars and xx were around Juliet prices. So I'm stocking up now while they're cheap. Your getting good deals with the penny's so stock up while you can.

Exactly...lowest price I have seen was $188 shipped and they were in good condition as well. A polished version with black lenses described as MINT sold for $233. I missed out on those because brother Chris said he was bidding! lol

Harry

I'd say that you've been getting very lucky on some of those price. I Agree, stock up now while you can. I'm pretty sure they are bound to go up. Just keep track of the trends. They change slowly over time.

I only see 400-500$ pairs. I've seen the one that @Migs the Scientist was selling for 320$? and though that it was quite a good price. Now I see that you got yours for 220 :O so a great deal. Both of these prices are beyond my reach for now with unemployment still ongoing but it would be a nice thought to have if I could squeeze into 250 shipped once I'll be able to get them. I think I'll reach out to you then and you might be able to help me out :) Maybe your eBay search bar is different than mine lol.
Probably right now when I'm down I'll see few nice pairs-it always happen when I open my big mouth.
Sorry for cutting into your thread like that.

I'd say that you've been getting very lucky on some of those price. I Agree, stock up now while you can. I'm pretty sure they are bound to go up. Just keep track of the trends. They change slowly over time.

Usually at the end of summer, I see drops on
I only see 400-500$ pairs. I've seen the one that @Migs the Scientist was selling for 320$? and though that it was quite a good price. Now I see that you got yours for 220 :O so a great deal. Both of these prices are beyond my reach for now with unemployment still ongoing but it would be a nice thought to have if I could squeeze into 250 shipped once I'll be able to get them. I think I'll reach out to you then and you might be able to help me out :) Maybe your eBay search bar is different than mine lol.
Probably right now when I'm down I'll see few nice pairs-it always happen when I open my big mouth.
Sorry for cutting into your thread like that.

The pair on eBay now for $299 obo might go to $250. He has LG rubber and aftermarket lenses though. A bit much IMHO. He wouldn't go less than $280. But if you are willing to do $250....start at $220, than $230, than $250....something like that. Ya never know.

Harry

Usually at the end of summer, I see drops on

The pair on eBay now for $299 obo might go to $250. He has LG rubber and aftermarket lenses though. A bit much IMHO. He wouldn't go less than $280. But if you are willing to do $250....start at $220, than $230, than $250....something like that. Ya never know.

Harry
Yeah I've seen them, I did the search right after your post :D

Prices varies really.
Copper 1k easy matched
Xmetal ruby 750ish matched imo.
Regular releases runs 400ish/350 at times.

Latest Posts

Back