• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Custom Cube Build

CNCing "Oakley" as a inlay would be quite difficult due to the corners of all the letters. You could easily do the "O" though.

Here some impressions from a well known PC modding guy.
Check the pics.
x1x
x2x
x3x

My second suggestion: burn the logo and letters with a laser. Works definitely! Example:
c8.jpg

I think a glued on 3D logo kills the straight design of your case.

You could CNC ream the O and letters into the wood (2mm depth) and then make the same with a 2mm aluminum sheet (positive/negative).
Glue the aluminum O and letters into the wood and give them a horizontal brushed finish.

6o62s8lq.png

No fancy cnc routers or water jets here. but chisels might do the trick for carving the wood. I have to admit I am liking the inset "O" design... I don't think I have the vertical height to pull off the lettering anyway.

Any ideas how to do the door? With glass drilling is not really as much an option. I could do a radio cabinet style door. But drilling prior to tempering we are starting to talk about a $60 piece of glass.

Any ideas how to do the door? With glass drilling is not really as much an option. I could do a radio cabinet style door. But drilling prior to tempering we are starting to talk about a $60 piece of glass.

so 60 total? you only need one door...

use lexan/plexi

Why so negative, I think marc2040's idea is good, its alot of work, but that doesnt mean its junk...

i didn't mean Marc's idea was junk, i just mean that's a lot of work and requires specialized equipment where a vinyl will give a similar effect and is easily done. Was not meant to be negative in any way, just poor word choice on my part. Sorry for the confusion!

Back