• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Custom Cut Juliet Lens Makers

My first pair, which my dad LOST in water, was the Emerald/Gunmetal Splices, which I still mourn for today.
Then I got the Polarized Fire Iridium/Polished Juliets, which I gave to my dad in exchange for him ordering the X-Metal/Ruby Iridiums, which I currently own. I don't have alot of money to spend on collecting unfortunately, but whatever I acquire, I cherish like it will be my last.

I am thinking about getting some X-Metal/Ruby Iridium XS's (to eliminate the flex coupler deterioration problem), but the prices are just starting to skyrocket:(

Good start to your collection. The XS are good glasses, but made for a much larger head. If you are not happy with the longevity of your flex couplers, two things, first, when you take the glasses on and off, do it like a baseball cap. Instead of sliding them back across your temples, drop them down on top of your face from the top of your head. This will keep the coupler from being over stretched. Also, use two hands, this keeps them from having unequal pressure applied to one side.
The other thing, X man uses a higher quality material that doesn't degrade as fast as Oakley's does, from what I have read. So when it is time for a new tune up, you know it will last quite a bit longer.

I think one of the issues is that, since I do have a large head, I have been using the 25 size T-Shox and large nose bombs. That definitely might be one of the reasons causing my nose bridge to deteriorate faster, you think? I definitely should switch to the 15 T-Shox and small nose bombs. Do you think that will definitely help?

Ah:) I also had a theory that if I continue to use the large nose bombs, they wont sit as close to my face, releasing more humidity, away from the nose bridge.

But I probably think the "ball-cap" method will be the biggest help. I guess I have been putting my Julies on wrong for years and years:(

2. ALL AFTERMARKET lenses are horrible. If you display your glasses and want the color, then no issue. They are for display only. PS-The aftermarket lenses devalue your glasses also. Oakley lenses that have the correct curvature can be cut down to fit the X-Metal frames. There is a DIY thread http://www.oakleyforum.com/threads/cutting-lenses-what-works.12332/ that covers all you need to know.

I have a pair of the Linegear Red Mirror Polarized and actually think the view quality and craftsmanship are very good on them. The lenses are much thicker than Walleva or any of the others. Of course Oakley lenses are the only way to go, but I have been happy with Lingear. They are the only aftermarket lenses that I would actually wear.

Latest Posts

Back