• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Custom Cut Oakley Lenses on Ebay

I purchased a pair of R1 lenses from this seller, after they told me they were OEM and cut from Big Taco lenses. When they were received they woudn't fit, not even close, way too big, and wrong base curve! They were gold iridium, color looked okay, can't confirm if they are real or not.
Why do you all think I'm here?! Acutally thanks to Trixie, or NO THANKS to those who dislike me hehe.
The saving grace was I was able to hand-edge them and make them fit. I later resold and started doing my own cuts.

I purchased a pair of R1 lenses from this seller, after they told me they were OEM and cut from Big Taco lenses. When they were received they woudn't fit, not even close, way too big, and wrong base curve! They were gold iridium, color looked okay, can't confirm if they are real or not.
Why do you all think I'm here?! Acutally thanks to Trixie, or NO THANKS to those who dislike me hehe.
The saving grace was I was able to hand-edge them and make them fit. I later resold and started doing my own cuts.
Cool story, bro.

Sent from Q's Note5

Avoid Trixie26te - Custom Cut Lenses Are Fake!!!!!!

I received a pair of emerald iridium lenses from this ebay seller and the color was clearly off (see below). I asked the seller regarding this color and he/she acted as though nothing was wrong. The seller then refunded me for the lenses and told me to keep them. This was the last pair of lenses I have ordered from this seller. I did purchase other lenses previously that appeared to be equivocal to Oakley lenses but upon closer inspection there appeared to be some "shimmying" or surface irregularity of the reflective surface. I think the seller is likely an optician or optometrist and has access to lenses of reasonably good quality and is passing them off as authentic custom cut Oakley lenses. Especially given the fact that this seller always has endless stock of colorways and styles. Spread the word.

View attachment 329538

image.jpg

Avoid Trixie26te - Custom Cut Lenses Are Fake!!!!!!

I received a pair of emerald iridium lenses from this ebay seller and the color was clearly off (see below). I asked the seller regarding this color and he/she acted as though nothing was wrong. The seller then refunded me for the lenses and told me to keep them. This was the last pair of lenses I have ordered from this seller. I did purchase other lenses previously that appeared to be equivocal to Oakley lenses but upon closer inspection there appeared to be some "shimmying" or surface irregularity of the reflective surface. I think the seller is likely an optician or optometrist and has access to lenses of reasonably good quality and is passing them off as authentic custom cut Oakley lenses. Especially given the fact that this seller always has endless stock of colorways and styles. Spread the word.

View attachment 329538

View attachment 329539
The word has already been put out on this seller. You just happened to miss it unfortunately.

Back