• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Custom cut POLARIZED ruby red iridium lenses for Penny/Juliet....

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrtyHarry

Oakley Expert
We all know that Oakley never made any POLARIZED red iridium lenses for the Penny or Juliet...but they later made polarized versions for other glasses. To name a few, the Jupiter Squared, Bottle Rocket, Flak Jacket, Half Jacket, Badman, Turbine, Hollbrook, etc.

If I want to get a custom cut set of polarized ruby red iridium lenses for my Penny or Juliet...what lens would a pro cutter be able to work best with? I would guess something like the Badman or Turbine where the lenses are rather large...but I think the Penny/Juliet may have more of a curve.

So this question is probably best suited for a professional cutter....to make a set of lenses for a Penny or Juliet that are RED POLARIZED IRIDIUM, what lenses should I look for so that he can make me a custom pair? I'm sure one is easier than the other. The XS doesn't have such a curve to the lens like the Penny or Juliet. So if a pro cutter could tell me what lens to look for or possibly order from Oakley, please let me know what to look for. Some are not available from Oakley anymore...like the Badman or Turbine, but can be found on eBay and on here.

I really like polarized and iridium lenses and may need to get a custom set made, I would like to know what lens the cutter would prefer to work with for the Penny/Juliet so I can keep my eyes open for them. THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!

If you're ordering from Oakley, more often than not the cutters can source a pair of lenses much cheaper than you can get them for. Flak jacket, Badman would work; Turbine is not the same curvature but would also work.

I want Oakley lenses and would rather not order from Oakley because they are more expensive....I see some on eBay that are $50-$60, I just don't know which ones to get for the cutter to work with. There are some Holbrook and Half Jacket lenses on eBay right now for cheap....but like I said, I would like a pro cutter to tell me what would be best to get for him to work with.

I have been following prices of everything recently, and in many cases....complete new pairs of glasses are cheaper than getting just the lenses alone. I will reach out to those you mentioned and ask which kind of lenses are they able to use for the Penny & Juliet. I'm also looking at the positive red as well...

Well, I was told by a few to try using "OAKLEY ON THE SPOT" for some lenses for my Pennys. What a horrific experience. I purchased a few sets of lenses, waited about a month to get them...and I later get an obnoxious email telling me my money is going to be refunded. He claimed that if I didn't like his shipping rates, he would rather refund my $$. I don't know why he would think I did not approve of his shipping rates....actually, $10 from the UAE is really not bad. So in short, he never had the lenses...or never bothered to make them, and waits a month to tell me. I do not recommend doing business with this guy. I have to find a reliable guy here in the states who has experience making lenses for Pennys from other Oakley donor lenses. Can't believe I waited a month and got nothing. Buyer beware.

Status
Not open for further replies.