• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Custom cut POLARIZED ruby red iridium lenses for Penny/Juliet....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m glad you have posted how you think this went through here in Oakley Forum and in public; at least I now have a chance to defend myself and understand why this transaction never went through. Below is the series of communications received and sent back and forth so everyone can understand the full story.

Sep 15, 2015 10:51:30am
I have received a Paypal Notification of payment received for you for Oakley Penny Ruby Iridium Custom Cut Replacement Lenses.

Harry_zpsmuoppcjd.png

Sep 16, 2015, at 3:00 PM
In order to address your Instruction to Merchant note on your payment, I have emailed you the following:

Hello there,
The donor lenses are available but will take me around 7-10 days to do the cut. Black iridium will be available this week and unfortunately on ice iridium polarized will be available no Violet.
Also please advise which shipping method you prefer, Registered Mail or EMS so I can send you the shipping invoice when item is ready.
Thanks.

Sep 16, 2015, 11:29 pm
On the same day you have responded:

Hi!
Thank you for your message. I was under the impression that shipping was included. I didn't know I would have to pay more or else I would have waited to order until you get more lenses.
So you will have black iridium this week, that's great! Not sure what you meant about ice, but that is OK because I found a factory set. If I have to pay more in shipping, whatever method is cheapest I guess. I really wish I knew it would cost more.
Will you ever have ruby iridium polarized lenses? Maybe donor lenses from the Turbine? Will that ever be an option? I was going to have an optometrist try and cut me a custom pair...just nor sure for what frame yet. Will that be something you can do? Thanks.

Sep 16, 2015 11:41 pm
I have responded to you as shown below. This is to explain that as stated in the website if you are OUTSIDE the UAE, the buyer must contact me in order for me to send the invoice along with the shipping cost. I have explained its because the website is configured only for the UAE.

Now the reason I have mentioned that “Alternatively if you uncomfortable with this and prefer for me to refund the payment, that also can be done” is because on your previous email you said that you purchased the item under the impression that shipping is included (which in fact did not) plus you mentioned that you did not know you have to pay more or else you have waited to order from me when I get more lenses. Now I know some buyers are a bit sensitive with additional cost or for whatever reason buyers may have, hence my offer to refund if I sense buyer’s remorse.

Hello,
The website says:

All items listed are 100% guaranteed authentic and declared condition or 100% money back!
If you are outside UAE, please contact me for the invoice to include shipping cost.

Because the website is configured only to the UAE. If you have contacted me I would have informed you. The shipping is $10 for Registered (12-24 days) and $30 for EMS (3-7 days). Alternatively if you uncomfortable with this and prefer for me to refund the payment, that also can be done.
Anyway, Ruby iridium unfortunately I will not have as well. The donors needs a lot of research before purchasing as it might not fit the mesurement or curvature etc. I dont cut unless its a perfect replacement to the OEM. Hence limited options in terms of colors.
Ice is equivalent to Blue color in Oakley colourway.

Since the above email, I have not received any response from you. 13 days later I have received 3 emails from you:

Sep 29, 2015 9:27 am:

Hello,
I was just wondering when I will be getting my ruby red Penny lenses I ordered from you on the 14th. I know it says they are made to order and can take 10-14 days, but I just wanted to see how much longer until I receive them. I paid via PayPal but didn't get a confirmation other than what shipping method I prefer. I was not aware, but I think I have to pay you an additional $10 for shipping? Well, please let me know because I would really like to get these lenses soon. Thank you.

And another email at Sep 29, 2015, 9:36 am:
Like you said this is in your “Junk Mail” but note that in fact you have responded to me regarding quoted email on the same day (Sep 16, 2015, 11:29 pm).

And once again another email from you mentioning that you did not know it would cost more. ALARM BELLS for buyer’s remorse once again!

I just found this about my ruby red Penny lens order in my junk box....

The donor lenses are available but will take me around 7-10 days to do the cut. Black iridium will be available this week and unfortunately on ice iridium polarized will be available no Violet.
Also please advise which shipping method you prefer, Registered Mail or EMS so I can send you the shipping invoice when item is ready.
Thanks.
I guess I will want the $10 option, I thought it added it to the PayPal payment. I didn't know there were more charges. Please ship ASAP. Thank you, and if the lenses fit nicely, I would like to order a few more sets.

Sep 30, 2015, 3:43 am
Then another email at which says:

Hello,
Did you get any of my messages about my lenses I asked you to make for my Penny? Please let me know. THANKS!

Sep 30, 2015, at 4:15 AM
I have responded:

Hello there, i would rather refund the payment than buyer feel uncomfortable with the shipping charges. It says on the website to contact me if you are in the UAE.
I will refund your payment shortly.

Your response in several email, date and time stamped at:

Sep 30, 2015, 12:19 pm

I didn't see it on the page, I didn't know there would be two payments. I am not uncomfortable. I waited a while for the lenses and would still rather have the lenses than the refund. I did ask you to send me a request for the $10. Can you send me a request and send me the lenses please? Thank you!

Sep 30, 2015, 12:21 pm

I said below that I would like the $10 option....

Sep 30, 2015, 12:21 pm

This is what I said....I didn't say I was uncomfortable. Do you just not have them and are now deciding not to send them to me? You came highly recommended.

After this email from the buyer, I have responded that yes in fact I have the same lenses (which I posted on ebay and which the same person bought) and due to his several occasions of reiterating not to know there are additional charges (shipping), I have decided not to sell to him.

Right after this chain for emails, the Paypal payment made have been fully refunded on Sep 30, 2015, 16:17:25. Again, another discrepancy where the buyer says he had wasted a month out of this uncompleted transaction when in fact its 15 days, from 15 Sep to 30 Sep.
Also be reminded that you are the one who took 13 days to respond to me. So out of 15 days, 2 days are yes under my watch, the rest are you negligence to read/check your emails.

FORUM post by DrtyHarry, 9/30/15:

Well, I was told by a few to try using "OAKLEY ON THE SPOT" for some lenses for my Pennys. What a horrific experience. I purchased a few sets of lenses, waited about a month to get them...and I later get an obnoxious email telling me my money is going to be refunded. He claimed that if I didn't like his shipping rates, he would rather refund my $$. I don't know why he would think I did not approve of his shipping rates....actually, $10 from the UAE is really not bad. So in short, he never had the lenses...or never bothered to make them, and waits a month to tell me. I do not recommend doing business with this guy. I have to find a reliable guy here in the states who has experience making lenses for Pennys from other Oakley donor lenses. Can't believe I waited a month and got nothing. Buyer beware.

Trust all this is clear now to you and all the ones reading this thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.