• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Custom Cuts for XX

It happened to be a junk lens I had sitting around for him to test. Once I get them back and get a look at them I'll be sending a brand new lens for him to recut and it'll most likely not be polarized.

If one is careful they come out great. Just test them when mounted against a LCD screen and see if the darkness changes at the same angle on both lenses and you should be fine.

I cut from the same position on the lens for both sides but didn't check with the screen. That's a good idea. Too bad they're all wrapped up and wife has them to be shipped out. I'll try that next time for sure.

I cut from the same position on the lens for both sides but didn't check with the screen.

If the top of the donor lines up well with the cut I've had no trouble matching the lenses on the few polarized cuts I've done. The screen test when you are (or close to) done doesn't really help much unless you can tweak it a bit with the final fitting. If they don't line up it is only good for displays and I don't have any ;)

Last edited: