• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Custom Etching?

I read that thread... I think the guy who did his lens will make a killing on this site... even if you don't want his non OEM lens he would clean up on etching...

I don't read much I just enjoy looking at pictures. I didn't realize his lenses he was showing off weren't OEM or custom cut from an Oalkley donor.

I read that thread... I think the guy who did his lens will make a killing on this site... even if you don't want his non OEM lens he would clean up on etching...
I don't read much I just enjoy looking at pictures. I didn't realize his lenses he was showing off weren't OEM or custom cut from an Oalkley donor.

Lol. I'm trying to get him to post here. If nothing else I can probably make a thread and be middle man

You wouldn't happen to have a good picture of his etching work would you Qtrain?]

*edit*... Disregard, I found your thread that you just posted with the pictures... amazing work. Yeah, I would pay that guy good money for some etching, and hell, for some lenses, they look amazing.

For anybody else that was curious that hadn't seen his thread, and maybe wandered into this thread for the same issue, here's Qtrain's new lenses with etching from ... guy.

Custom C-SIX | Oakley Forum

You know I thought about buying an etcher but was concerned that the market wouldn't support what you would likely need to charge for this service.
Charge $20 for the service and toast a set of lenses then you are doing the next 4 pair for free. So let me float this: what would be a reasonable price for etching?
What would you pay to have a pair etched? If you didn't already own an etcher it's about 2K for a decent one so there's that to factor in.

I was thinking in the 15-20 range... Now that is for your everyday lens... Gascans and the such. If they are higher end or rarer lenses then maybe the price goes up because the risk goes up. Ive never had lens cut but if I supply the donor lens to a cutter and they mess up there has to be some understanding that this is a custom type job and there is a potential for error...

I'm not sure how big of a business it would be to etch lenses? I can only think of one pair I'd want etched for my son other than that I prefer to keep things simple. I'd pay $40 to have his name etched in a set of OTT lenses.

Back