1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Lost Cause

Lost Cause Oakley Beginner

Apologies if this has been asked previously, but had trouble finding anything specific to this. I'm looking at getting some custom Holbrooks off the Oakley website since it doesn't seem the variation of frame, lens, and logo color I want are sold that way in stores. What I'm noticing though when I build them on the website is that the little "rivet" / accent pieces on the front next to each lens (the 2 little metal bolt looking things) don't seem to change color to match the "O" logo color that you pick. I want the logo to be polished gold, but I want those rivets to match in the same gold the way they do on all the store models. Does anyone have experience with ordering custom Holbrooks, and do you know if those little pieces will come matching the logo color or will they just be silver the way it leaves them on the site?

I actually called Oakley support about this, but the guy actually told me he wasn't sure after he went and asked someone else.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. JDubs

JDubs Oakley Enthusiast

I have ordered a pair myself and they do NOT come with same color as Icon or lens just the stock Silver rivits. What you might do is buy a used pair off ebay or something and send it to one of our many talented members that can do amazing paint jobs on any frame. This will probably cost you less in the long run anyway.
    check out
    drchopshop.com
    or
    ColoradoCustomLook.com

both of these folks are great to deal with. Take a look at there gallery.
    PM me if you have any questions. I love the Holbrook frame!

Lost Cause likes this.
  3. Lost Cause

Cool, thanks for the help. I almost just ordered a pair in the hopes that they'd match, glad I waited.

4. JDubs

JDubs Oakley Enthusiast

If you have any question about authenticity fee free to PM me. I would be glad to look at it. There are a lot of fake holbrooks out there if you do go the Ebay route

5. Member123

Member123 Oakley Beginner

This is news to me. I've never ordered a pair of custom holbrooks, but I just assumed you could change the rivet color. Man, that stinks.

6. GRFMotorsports

GRFMotorsports is an Oakley whore Premium Member

From what I understand in the new soon to be released custom program you can order a Holbrook with any color combo of rivets and icons. Including diffferent colored rivets on the same frame.

ericforman likes this.
  7. Lost Cause

Yea it seems odd to me that it wouldn't be an included feature because literally EVERY holbrook I've seen in stores has rivets that match the logo color, so they obviously make them like this all the time. You can get custom MLB logos and change logo fonts, but you can't get the rivet color you want lol.

Member123 likes this.
  8. NiGHTSx2

NiGHTSx2 Oakley Collector

Lets hope they get it right this time around. OCP is a mess - both online and instore.

9. VVoltz

VVoltz Oakley Beginner

This same thing happened to me with my first pair of Holbrooks. I was soooo mad when I got them.

10. teddy57

teddy57 Oakley Enthusiast

I'm glad I read this as I was just configuring a pair and that would drive me nuts!

Any insight when the new program is set to launch!?