• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Custom IH crater clone with hammerstems

Ah, yes.... Patience.... That virtue I do not possess. Perhaps I can make an exception for similar results. Lol
I open it up abit with super small flat head with a cloth covering frame and mainly lenses. Then I use pliers pull it off and put a thicker plastic bag around so not to damage and scratch area round it . Put plastic on it to retighten clip really easy when you do that. First lense took forever to do .. Second one was easier.. Like Tim said patience is key. I don't know how many lenses I have seen srcatched while trying to take off the clip..

Last edited:
Awesome tip! Thank you @dingo ate my baby
Added a bit. Some use flat head for whole process. I do not . You have to use it at the beginning to stretch the clip thow. This is main area where you might marr the lenses. I do not have a steady hand and sturdy found pliers work way better for me, plus the clip doesn't go flying lol. The main reason less chance to mess up lenses and frame.

Last edited:
Thanks @dingo ate my baby
Sounds a little sketchy to do. But I think I will still give it a go. God, I hope I don't scratch any lenses in the process... I can totally see doing that fairly easily. I'll be sure to update after I attempt it. :)

Added a bit. Some use flat head for whole process.You have to use it at the beginning to stretch the clip thow. I do not have a steady hand and sturdy found pliers work way better for me. The main reason less chance to mess up lenses

Wow!! Those look awesome!! That sure was quick!!! One of the best looking Mars I've ever seen..... Did you polish it out yourself?

Yeah, @Xs and Os...among the myriad other sh!t he manages to get done with the Army and the wife and kids he also throws CASUAL POLISHING JOBS LIKE THAT ON CLASSIC METAL PAIRS.

the bastard! :mad:

Kick-Ass pair buddy. Another beautiful addition to your IH shelf. Well done.

Back