• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Custom Jawbones Found At The Vault

SpliceD

Pronounced, "Spliced"
Los Angeles, CA
Was out in the field for work and i happened to be near a vault so i made a stop in and picked up these beauties

7643927176_d0b165b820_b.jpg

It's the Transitions Infrared frame 04-210J (Asian Fit) with Swapped Jaws and thru bolts. I saw them sitting in the DE case and they had the Persimmon lenses installed. Asked if they had other lenses and they pulled out a set that had Black Iridium Vented and Yellow Vented lenses. Swapped the lenses in and brought these home. The Split Jackets came in a similar colorway and i really liked that pair, but never got around to buying it. My first bright red frame :cool:

BADNESS said:
I think it stands for Display Eyewear :cool:
Badness is right, it stands for displayed eyewear.

Usually frames that have been displayed for long periods of time without selling, sometimes missing OG box.

You can find pretty cool custom items in DE and this thread is proof!

I always assumed DE stood for Discounted Eyewear since i always find multiple pairs of a style and colorway. For example, there were at least 4 pairs of White/+Red Pit Bulls in there. It's not like they displayed all 4 pairs at one time, right?

DE does stand for display eyewear, but it is eyewear not from that Oakley Vault. Any stores that sell Oakleys take the displays they used and send them back to Oakley, who distributes them to different Vaults. Some of these pairs will even say "Sample" on the inside arm.

DE is not necessarily discontinued stuff either, Many vaults currently have Fast Jackets in their DE cases.
DE stuff can also include items reps have carried around to different venues and no longer require anymore.