• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Custom Jawbreaker w Chrome Iridium question!

SleepCycleGolfRepeat

Oakley Beginner
Hi All!

My custom Jawbreaker with Chrome Iridium lenses arrived yesterday... The lens did NOT have Oakley printed on it (I thought they were etched, but Oakley CS told me they were actually printed, not etched) like my other Jawbreaker lenses. Oakley CS told me that while they no longer print "polarized" on custom orders with polarized lenses, they may or may not print Oakley on the lenses. I asked if this was specific to Chrome Iridium, but she said that this was for all colors. As a courtesy, she offered to put in an order to re-build a new pair of customs for me with the same specs in exchange for the one I received, but could not guarantee that the lens would come with Oakley printed on it.

Has anyone had a custom order where Oakley wasn't printed on the lens? I'm debating whether or not to keep this, or go ahead with the exchange even if there is no guarantee that Oakley would be printed on the new pair.

Thank you, I appreciate any input!

In my experience ... The CS rep speaks the truth ... Custom models don't even have SKU's on em and we've seen sports lenses lately without any Oakley print on em too ...

I would have no doubt in my mind that what you bought directly from Oakley is genuine

Hi All!

My custom Jawbreaker with Chrome Iridium lenses arrived yesterday... The lens did NOT have Oakley printed on it (I thought they were etched, but Oakley CS told me they were actually printed, not etched) like my other Jawbreaker lenses. Oakley CS told me that while they no longer print "polarized" on custom orders with polarized lenses, they may or may not print Oakley on the lenses. I asked if this was specific to Chrome Iridium, but she said that this was for all colors. As a courtesy, she offered to put in an order to re-build a new pair of customs for me with the same specs in exchange for the one I received, but could not guarantee that the lens would come with Oakley printed on it.

Has anyone had a custom order where Oakley wasn't printed on the lens? I'm debating whether or not to keep this, or go ahead with the exchange even if there is no guarantee that Oakley would be printed on the new pair.

Thank you, I appreciate any input!
Is it super important to you to have "Oakley" printed on the lens? You bought it directly from Oakley so you know it's real. Just saying. :)

Is it super important to you to have "Oakley" printed on the lens? You bought it directly from Oakley so you know it's real. Just saying. :)

No, it doesn't really matter, and I wasn't worried about authenticity at all since it was purchased directly from Oakley. I've just never seen a lens without it and was wondering if anyone else had one. I initially thought it was a flaw that somehow just got past them as they were building it. I just wanted the input of other Oakley fans, and seasoned collectors, on whether or not it was something others would take up Oakley's offer to exchange.

Thanks for your input!

In my experience ... The CS rep speaks the truth ... Custom models don't even have SKU's on em and we've seen sports lenses lately without any Oakley print on em too ...

I would have no doubt in my mind that what you bought directly from Oakley is genuine

Thanks for the info! I had no doubt about it's authenticity, just found the lack of the Oakley print a bit odd and thought it was a defect. I'll probably end up keeping them, they do look nice as is!

Thanks for the info! I had no doubt about it's authenticity, just found the lack of the Oakley print a bit odd and thought it was a defect. I'll probably end up keeping them, they do look nice as is!
A defect would be if it was half printed ... Scratches or bubbles in the iridium (mirror finish)

Sounds like you got served by the cheapening of Oakley (slightly) AND the sports channels pressure on athletes to wear their products during event where visible logos are forbidden. Why have two different machines make two different looking lenses? The un-etched and un-branded is just as good to them....

A defect would be if it was half printed ... Scratches or bubbles in the iridium (mirror finish)

Sounds like you got served by the cheapening of Oakley (slightly) AND the sports channels pressure on athletes to wear their products during event where visible logos are forbidden. Why have two different machines make two different looking lenses? The un-etched and un-branded is just as good to them....

I didn't even think about that... I guess that makes sense for athletes in events, although for the retail consumer you would think they would WANT their brand on there.

I didn't even think about that... I guess that makes sense for athletes in events, although for the retail consumer you would think they would WANT their brand on there.
Biggest 'offender' is the Olympics ... No visible logos policy in effect (certain exceptions)

Second example...If there's a Mizuno/Adidas golf tourney, I highly doubt they'd want O stuff everywhere clogging up eye space...

From my experience with ordering OCP, the word polarized is not etched so people can get custom etching (personalized or MLB). I've ordered an Offshoot, Turbine, and a Jawbreaker all with polarized lenses. The first 2 mentioned were blank and the my Jawbreaker has the Braves logo on it.

From what I gathered, they have the right to reject personal etchings (ie due to trademark, or obscenities)

Sent from a telephone.

Back