• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Custom Pair Flak Jacket XLJ's

Darkmatter

Oakley Beginner
I am super excited about receiving these Flak Jackets that I ordered just 2 days ago.
It has been a while since I have ordered a custom pair of Oakley's from Oakley direct from their website. Like an idiot, I paid extra for overnight delivery not realizing that it takes Oakley longer to send out Custom made sunglasses.
Anyone know the average time it takes to have a custom order shipped out?

I did not have anything extravagant done to my Flak Jacket xlj's just had them special ordered in Matte Black instead of polished along with Gunmetal Black Icons with standard black earsocks. I am basically trying to match the same color of the "SI Military Issued Flak Jacket XLJ's" which I think really look sinister and low key at the same time. The only difference is I decided to go with Black Iridium Polarized lens instead of the more IMO dull colored grey lens...and also if I am correct I do not believe the SI Matte Flak's have Oakley written on the front of them but that is something I would not mind having on mine afterall I am proud to be wearing authentic Oakley's and want everyone I see around me knowing mine are real.:)

I really am excited about receiving the Flak Jackets. Even though I see many wearing these I have honestly never seen anyone wearing them in Matte Black
...except for a Sheriff that pulled me over yesterday for speeding,lol. After talking with the Sheriff I could not resist and asked him what specific Flak Jackets was he wearing and he immediately told me "Standard Issue xlj". He then smiled as I complimented him on them and told him I just ordered some in Matte Black but was unsure if they would fit me as the regular versions are a little small.
So he let me try them on and they fit very well. Yes these are a smaller frame Oakley than what I am used to wearing but they felt so great and looked really good on my larger face as well.
...best part is he did not give me a speeding ticket for going 70 in a 55,:cool:
Super cool Sheriff which is hard to find in Louisiana. I think he liked how I complimented him on his Oakley's so he left me off with a warning.

Anyway back on topic...I just hope I do not have to wait 2 Weeks to receive these but a wise man once said..."All Good Things to Those Who Wait".:cool:

Ha! Great story with a happy ending. I think we all know what it's like to wait for a package to be delivered, so your pain is definitely shared. Now if it were me, I would look up the price the ticket would have cost me and used the "found money" to buy something. Perhaps another set of lenses for your new Jackets?

That is a cool story.....you got lucky without getting a speeding ticket. I'm usually doing low to mid 100s and like to hear stories when someone doesn't get a ticket.

I think you may end up waiting about 5-7 days for your product to arrive since you didn't order anything crazy.

Ha! Great story with a happy ending. I think we all know what it's like to wait for a package to be delivered, so your pain is definitely shared. Now if it were me, I would look up the price the ticket would have cost me and used the "found money" to buy something. Perhaps another set of lenses for your new Jackets?

Another words sort of like a gift to myself for getting out of a speeding ticket?:)
Actually I am getting ready to order a other pair of Path lens for my Radarlock's...these will be for playing Golf with my Brother. So more than likely a Golf specific lens for the Radarlock.:cool:

Honestly these Flak Jackets will probably only be used for casual wear...I have my Radarlock's for any bike riding or Golf...and I actually wear those for casual wear as well and love them.

You do know that you could go to a Vault and get custom done in store also, instead of ordering online.

There are zero Oakley stores anywhere near my area. The closest place may be at least a 12 hour drive. We only have one "Sunglass Hut" in my area that only sell the Oakley Antix and Ray Ban's.

Everything else has to be special ordered from them for about a $100.00 price mark up from what I would pay on the Internet. I live deep in the Swamps.

You do know that you could go to a Vault and get custom done in store also, instead of ordering online.

Update: Actually I just did a search on the Internet and an Oakley vault just opened in New Orleans!! This is awesome news to me as New Orleans is only about 2 hours away from me.:)

I am going to take a trip there within the Week to see about customizing a pair of regular Radar's I have (I would like to change out the Oakley Icons and swap ear socks on them...and to pick up a couple of extra lens for my newly acquired Radarlock's.:)

Never been to an Oakley vault before I hope this place has lots of Oakley Sunglasses and also different pieces in order to customize.

I'm not sure they will change the icon on a frame in the store. That can only be done through the custom program online. You can always ask about it though.

I'm not sure they will change the icon on a frame in the store. That can only be done through the custom program online. You can always ask about it though.

Well that is no big deal...what is cool is that I will be able to try on specific Oakley's in person and also see them in person before I make my decision to buy them...the past year and a half or whatever it has been since I started collecting I always had to do blind buys from Oakley. It is cool that Oakley lets you send them back but it is much easier to just walk in a store instead.

Well that is no big deal...what is cool is that I will be able to try on specific Oakley's in person and also see them in person before I make my decision to buy them...the past year and a half or whatever it has been since I started collecting I always had to do blind buys from Oakley. It is cool that Oakley lets you send them back but it is much easier to just walk in a store instead.
I definitely agree with you that it is much better being able to walk in to an oakley store and try on glasses than look through their website and see what you think you might like.

Latest Posts

Back