• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Custom Polished R1 worth it?

If you were going to have them plated anyway, I think you could have gotten a pair much cheaper than 670. Even if it did come with a vault.

Yes I bought them, to have them polished to is pretty expensive I had a couple price quotes and it was all around 80-100 dollars. And you have to trust they will do it right and not damage the glasses. And the must be polished first to a mirrior finish if you want the plating to also have a mirror finish from what one goldsmith and one jeweler told me. But every single pair I have seen I the last month have been 700-1200 there is one polished pair right now on ebay for 600 starting bid but the polishing is half assed. The vault I recieved 2 on ebay for 190 buy it now.

@Sup808 check out my new polished R1 I'm not privileged enough to reply to your thread. Are your XX and XS still avaliable? Looking for polished XS with VR28 lenses

That's because you don't yet have exchange access. You need 15 posts and two weeks membership, or fork over $35 for a premium membership for immediate access. Trying to circumvent the exchange or do deals in discussion threads is against the forum rules.

EDIT - you've got the time in, you just need the posts...

@kronin323 Thanks for thr info, so it's against the rules to have him look at my post and let him know I would be interested in his trade deal he has posted? How long is the premium membership good for after you buy it?

@kronin323 Thanks for thr info, so it's against the rules to have him look at my post and let him know I would be interested in his trade deal he has posted? How long is the premium membership good for after you buy it?

I believe it's good for one year, but you're really only six post away from gaining access. Not to take away from the premium membership because it does come with other features. Just saying.

Yeah, letting him know you're interested in the trade deal he posted is trying to use the exchange without proper access. As supersharp said, premium membership is good for a year (unless you select the lifetime membership option) and comes with a lot of other perks, as well as supporting the forum.

But really you just need five more posts. Access then kicks in automatically, though it may take a few hours to go into effect.

Back