• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Custom Problems

SSturm46

Oakley Beginner
Hey guys, ordered a pair of custom radars on the 23rd of June...

1. I still have not received the glasses ( I know it can take 7-10 days to build, but it's the 12th of July already)
2. The order status on the website still says "in process"
3. I emailed customer care about a week ago to see if I could get tracking information and they didn't tell me, in fact it took them 3 days to respond.
4. I emailed customer care again on Monday trying to figure out where the glasses are, they have still not responded.

I am very disappointed in the lack of communication and quality of service from the company. If they forgot to process my order, can't they just tell me? Also why should it take them 3+ days to respond to my email? It's quite ridiculous and I'm considering steering away from Oakley products in the future due to this experience. Just wondering if you guys have ever had any similar experiences and any suggestions on what I should do next.

Thanks,
Steve

i customized a pair of half jackets about 6 months ago. it seems like it said "in process" for a long time. even though they had shipped.

and as far it taking 3 days to return an email, i agree thats a long time. but thats about how long it takes them to email me even when i'm just asking a question.

give it a little more time. i'm sure everything is fine. i know how bad it sucks waiting to get something you ordered. the days seem like years! lol.

I have ordered from them numerous times. I usually just call them to follow up. I have never received an email from them with my tracking info, even after I verified my email with them several times. Call them and see if a tracking number has been issued. At least then you wil know where you are at....

I have been told numerous times that dozens of parts are backordered to Aug/Sept I had a custom in 5 days and another that took 6 weeks....I am really in a holding pattern but the one pair I customized recently I did at a store I decided matching Icons weren't worth waiting all summer for..I feel your pain...if u are like me u look for that confirmation email a lot and after awhile its very frustrating...

Hey guys, ordered a pair of custom radars on the 23rd of June...

1. I still have not received the glasses ( I know it can take 7-10 days to build, but it's the 12th of July already)
2. The order status on the website still says "in process"
3. I emailed customer care about a week ago to see if I could get tracking information and they didn't tell me, in fact it took them 3 days to respond.
4. I emailed customer care again on Monday trying to figure out where the glasses are, they have still not responded.
I am very disappointed in the lack of communication and quality of service from the company. If they forgot to process my order, can't they just tell me? Also why should it take them 3+ days to respond to my email? It's quite ridiculous and I'm considering steering away from Oakley products in the future due to this experience. Just wondering if you guys have ever had any similar experiences and any suggestions on what I should do next.
Thanks,
Steve
First of all, as anyone who forks over hard earned cash I understand your frustration. As someone who deals as middle person in many special orders between vendor and customer there are many things to consider. Note I have ordered more than a few custom pairs from Oakley.
1. They are custom, while you may have only changed something as simple as ear socks, you are asking for an item not offered as part of standard production. With this you are dealing with different supply and demand as the custom shop is a separate division and basically operates as a totally separate entity.
2. This simply means they are working on it, be it due to a shortage, etc. Depending on colors of frame and lenses, you ordered in the worst time of year. For a frame like the Radar it is peak cycling season among many other sports where demand it ridiculous. I ordered a standard sku for the +red iridium and white frame when they first came out. Placed my order in June along with a custom pair. They were in such high demand due to cycling season I received them last week of August and got my custom pair in only three weeks by comparison.
3. Three days for a company doing the volume Oakley does and you contacted them during a holiday week, not really a long wait by any means. I find phone calls and even answers from the individual(s) running their twitter account yield the fastest result in that order compared to email.
4. If it still says “in process” they are not built. There is either a back order on the lens or frame. When I custom ordered Jawbones last March I received them the first week of May do to both a frame back order as well as lens. While speaking with the rep at the end of April he told me that orders where approaching time frames of August completion for Jawbones and other high demand items due to the summer. He said this is basically their Christmas for demand in the custom shop. For something like sunglasses in the current market you can not truly predict the demand you may or may not incur based on what happened “last year.”
While they don’t advertise this on their website, who in their right mind would when trying to earn a profit? By never sitting on a surplus they can better managing their P&L. With all that said is it still frustrating, absolutely. But with any high demand or custom work business, as a supplier and the one buying, expect delays. I am sure their frustration is equally as great with their suppliers when trying to acquire raw materials.
Just my $.02.

i ordered a few time custom Oakleys as well and some took just a week and some needed more than 6 weeks.....
but anyway at the end of each order i was happy that i choose my own style/design!!
sometime we have to be patient to get what we want...

p1010480k.jpg

I think it would help if they sent emails or told on phone orders at least immediately if parts are backordered I have to ask and then know"oh 6 weeks" but it is not info they offer up and they can check availability of parts in about 2-3 minutes on their system...

you are right!!
a real great custom service would you send a mail for every step of a order....
maybe the employees from Oakley in this community will read this post and will start immediately to change the actual email - information - system.

Custom can take up to 3 weeks, weekends not included. 7-10 business days to process and build the order. 7-10 business days to ship.

Its only be 14 days. Id start worrying if its been a month and nothing.

Latest Posts

Back